Tubular A-Arms 64 SS - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Body, Chassis and Mechanical > Steering, Suspension, and Chassis

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 3rd-December-2012, 11:41 PM   #1
friskiersaucer

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 1964 Nova SS
Tubular A-Arms 64 SS

Are they Worth it?
Should I got with CBR or CPP or Other Brand?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3rd-December-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
ces63ss

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 63 nova ss
whats your budget?
what are your plans for the car?
Old 3rd-December-2012, 11:45 PM   #3
friskiersaucer

Its a daily driver, im only 17, making about 100 - 200 bucks a week. I already installed CPP HD Springs, and some monroe sensatracks (changing them for stiffer shocks). I would love to slam the car someday but i would need new wheels and tires with different offset.
Old 4th-December-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
Ryan V64SS

Nova(s): 64 SS, 63 Sedan
I would go with CBR lower's for now. They cost a little more up front but the quality of the parts will save you money over time.
Old 4th-December-2012, 12:12 AM   #5
ces63ss

Nova(s): 63 nova ss
CPP makes a good product at a good price. Approx $400. CBR is better product by many on here but the price is much more. I Have the CPP mini kit and cant complain. I also have the 2" lowering springs.
Old 4th-December-2012, 12:17 AM   #6
friskiersaucer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ces63ss View Post
CPP makes a good product at a good price. Approx $400. CBR is better product by many on here but the price is much more. I Have the CPP mini kit and cant complain. I also have the 2" lowering springs.
I bought the 2" drop HD springs from CPP and had to send them back and go with stock height HD springs because my nova bottoms out too much.. How are those springs working for you?
Old 4th-December-2012, 12:28 AM   #7
JUNI0R

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 63 Coupe
Yes the upgrade is worth it, but you need an understanding of where you are taking the car or you may end up having to do things twice, ultimately costing you more.

The general consensus I can find is that CPP is better than stock and CBR is better than CPP. Prices for the two are in line with the quality, i.e. CBR costs more than CPP.

That said if you want CBP rack and pinon steering someday (the only R&P 'bolt on' that I could find), the CPP kit won't work with the CBR R&P. So if you eventually want R&P steering, it may make more sense for you to bite the bullet and pay a little extra for the CBR arms now. If you know for a fact you don't want R&P and you are willing to sacrifice a little quality (but still get a huge upgrade from stock) then the CPP kit may be what you're looking for.
Old 4th-December-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
TomM

Nova(s): 1966 - Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUNI0R View Post
Yes the upgrade is worth it, but you need an understanding of where you are taking the car or you may end up having to do things twice, ultimately costing you more.

The general consensus I can find is that CPP is better than stock and CBR is better than CPP. Prices for the two are in line with the quality, i.e. CBR costs more than CPP.

That said if you want CBP rack and pinon steering someday (the only R&P 'bolt on' that I could find), the CPP kit won't work with the CBR R&P. So if you eventually want R&P steering, it may make more sense for you to bite the bullet and pay a little extra for the CBR arms now. If you know for a fact you don't want R&P and you are willing to sacrifice a little quality (but still get a huge upgrade from stock) then the CPP kit may be what you're looking for.
This is exactly right......best advice you could get. Yes, you pay more, but there is no comparison to the quality of the CBR parts...

T,
Old 4th-December-2012, 01:15 PM   #9
67 church

Title: Supporting Vendor
Nova(s): 67 2dr hrd top, 2-63 wags

Made in the USA
Old 7th-December-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
nova656567

Nova(s): 65 coupe 65 SS 67 Wagon
I would go with the CBR arms: More adjustability, no bind, excellent quality, and you can always upgrade to R&P down the road.

Walt
Old 2nd-January-2013, 01:22 PM   #11
bestpart

Title: Nova Junior Member
Cpp

I went with CPP, great product no complaints...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
a-arm, cbr, cpp, suspension, tubular a-arms