My 74 Nova being Reborn - Page 43 - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 3rd Generation Chevy II/Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 30th-November-2012, 12:23 PM   #631
shinyside

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1972 Chevy Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula View Post
Man, I could hear the crickets chirping in my build thread. All this progress and hardly any replies.

So let me update a bit more. I ordered up a new black carpet from ACC and after a whole day spent on gutting the interior, fitting the carpet and cutting for the seatbelt holes and shifter, then putting back all the interior, its finally looking sweet. Floor mats finished it off.

Heres some pics and a video.

lolol it's nothing against you man, I know I'm still reading!! But let's be honest...you're almost done! Guess its time for a new Nova!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=182710
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30th-November-2012, 01:06 PM   #632
Tarantula

Nova(s): 1974 "454" Nova Custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyside View Post
lolol it's nothing against you man, I know I'm still reading!! But let's be honest...you're almost done! Guess its time for a new Nova!!
haha true that. But at least I can get final comments since I'm practically done.

Guess its no sense to continue racking up pages of this build thread. I know its alot of pages but its the details that makes my thread so long. I shared everything to make it easy for the others trying to do it themselves.
I'm not an expert but rather an ameture with the intense desire for the best looking Nova in my eyes. And with me being a novice at this, the details helps others (I would think) save money doing it themselves instead of paying the big bucks for a quality that may be less than what I have done or what one may do by doing it themselves.

When you do it yourself, the quality is controlled for the least amount of money. Letting someone else do it and the term comes into play "You get what you pay for"

Either way its been a pleasure sharing my new found knowledge and experience. I know I have helped lots of people through here and especially through Youtube.
Old 30th-November-2012, 01:47 PM   #633
DREDNOT

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1974
Great build thread, I think you can be very proud of your build and all of the documenting of it. It will help many people (including myself). Beautiful car man!
Old 1st-December-2012, 09:43 AM   #634
sshook

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 1973 Nova Hatchback
I have been following, reading and watching your videos for quite some time. It is nice when following a build like yours and others when you show the steps and information in them. Just because you are not getting a lot of responses with 57,600 plus hits we are definitely looking and absorbing information.
I have a 1973 Nova hatchback that I have had in storage for waaaaaay to long. Seeing what you have done has been inspiring and and I am trying to get my garage cleaned out to get it back home and get started on it. Your Nova looks great and some of the small things like the clear front marker lights really make a big difference.
Looking forward to applying some of your tricks to my own Nova.

Have a great day and glad to see you have yours back on the road enjoying it.

Scott
Old 1st-December-2012, 10:49 AM   #635
kirk69nova

Nova(s): 1969 Nova
Quote:
Man, I could hear the crickets chirping in my build thread. All this progress and hardly any replies.
I am sure you have many people following this thread. You are helping many people by documenting your build, but if SNS and the internet for that matter shut down forever, you still have your Nova. Don't worry if others are watching what you do or even like what you are doing. This is your car, build it for yourself!
Old 1st-December-2012, 11:31 AM   #636
XINLOI44

Title: Moderator
Nova(s): 73 SS-358/T350-DTS 12 Bol
Steve....folks are watching your build. I for one don't post very much, but do read every day. I think I may have posted once in your thread. You have had 57,645 views, so someone is watching. You have done a fantastic job on your car and should be very, very proud.

62-68
Old 1st-December-2012, 01:05 PM   #637
RatNova71

Nova(s): 71 72
Thumbs up

Steve... you rock bro... your thread rocks... YOUR CAR KICKS MAJOR BOOTY... NICE JOB ON THE CAR AND THE VIDEOS ARE WONDERFUL.

NO WORRIES

1971 Hot Rod & 1972 Granny Getter

http://s1075.photobucket.com/profile...aintshop/index
Old 1st-December-2012, 04:23 PM   #638
Tarantula

Thanks guys for the support.

I know its my car and I can do whatever I want but look at it this way. If baseball, football, basketball teams had no fans show up to their games, would they be motivated to continue? Sure they get millions of dollars but thats not the only reason they try their best to win.

Many people take their cars to car shows for the same reason. To get the public to maybe appreciate, make a couple comments and possibly win a trophy as proof of that appreciation.

I will be motivated to continue making my Nova the best in my eyes, because it is my desire, but this thread and the very purpose of sharing every details is funded by the response I get from doing so. I think many can agree that we make these build threads for the simple fact that they want it to be seen by others and they enjoy the comments. Its never fun talking to yourself

Just like the time I take to film and share every step, it also takes time to edit footage (and not to mention how many video takes I do to get a decent representation of what I want to protray in the video lol), and with every video, so as to not seem repetative, I spend up to an hour creating a new graphical introduction. (Thats why with every video you see "A Steve F. Production") That way down to the intro it may be something to look forward to seeing what I make the letters do with the sound affects.

I thank those especially that takes the time to say something on my videos and in this thread. When I get those emails that state my thread or video has a comment, I rush to see what was said and that makes all the time I took in preparing a presentaion of my work worth every second spent.

My work on the car rewards me everytime I drive it. Your comments reward me for the presentaion I provide in the forms of sharing; being video format, written format and picture format with the 700+ pics to date posted in this thread.

Last edited by Tarantula; 1st-December-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 1st-December-2012, 09:08 PM   #639
thegrappler

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 72 Nova 454 Th400 Skyroof
Well I for 1 enjoy watching your video's and reading this thread, I've watched every video and read every post on here, I've learned a lot got tons of idea's made comments etc. I do appreciate your time and effort you put into all that you do, sometimes I feel like I should pay you just to watch a new vid lol! Im looking forward to getting your interior done to say that it is complete. Then a virtual ride with a helmet camera so we can see what you see! after that I want to see the trophy's
Old 1st-December-2012, 09:36 PM   #640
Jayhawk500

The Nova has been Reborn!

Steve,

You have truely done an outstanding job at restoring your car. I believe the reason you haven't seen many posts lately, is everyone is in AWE! The attention to detail is impeccable. This antique vintage classic Nova will now see another 30-40 solid years. All of the time saving hints and ideas you have given over the past 3 years has been great. I for one will be using some of them when I start putting the Wifes Hot Rod back together.
You stated you got the carpet from ACC. Forgive me, but who is this company and what P/N did you order for the carpet?

It will be a sad day when the Tarantula won't be posting any more updates on the Reborn Nova. All you have left now is to get the seats re-upholstered and install that stereo. Congratulations so far! This has been an awesome ride! Keep the shiny side up.

'74 Nova, 355 cid, Turbo 350. Front Disc Brakes.
Old 1st-December-2012, 10:00 PM   #641
Tarantula

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrappler View Post
Well I for 1 enjoy watching your video's and reading this thread, I've watched every video and read every post on here, I've learned a lot got tons of idea's made comments etc. I do appreciate your time and effort you put into all that you do, sometimes I feel like I should pay you just to watch a new vid lol! Im looking forward to getting your interior done to say that it is complete. Then a virtual ride with a helmet camera so we can see what you see! after that I want to see the trophy's
Thank you so much. I laughed out loud when I read that comment I highlighted in red above. Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk500 View Post
Steve,

You have truely done an outstanding job at restoring your car. I believe the reason you haven't seen many posts lately, is everyone is in AWE! The attention to detail is impeccable. This antique vintage classic Nova will now see another 30-40 solid years. All of the time saving hints and ideas you have given over the past 3 years has been great. I for one will be using some of them when I start putting the Wifes Hot Rod back together.
You stated you got the carpet from ACC. Forgive me, but who is this company and what P/N did you order for the carpet?

It will be a sad day when the Tarantula won't be posting any more updates on the Reborn Nova. All you have left now is to get the seats re-upholstered and install that stereo. Congratulations so far! This has been an awesome ride! Keep the shiny side up.
Thanks! I still have a few more things to do to the interior than that. I want to get new pedals (with Stainless trim and the Disc brake logos), new dash pad (for AC cars), new steering wheel, the seats redone and redo the metal dashboard. Also thinking about redoing the glove box (want it larger than what Vintage Air supplied) and possibly a center console (would like cup holders). I also would like a new instrument cluster and stereo system. I also want to redo the trunk to make it look cleaner with sidewalls to protect the quarter panels from damage.

The carpet I did get from ACC but not directly from the company. I got it from Ebay that sells it at a much lower cost but I get it directly from ACC (Drop shipped) Paid about $150 shipped. Carpet is tagged for 74-79 Chevy Novas (2 dr Automatic) They come in ALOT of colors.
Old 2nd-December-2012, 06:27 PM   #642
Jayhawk500

Quote:
Thank you so much. I laughed out loud when I read that comment I highlighted in red above. Awesome!

Thanks! I still have a few more things to do to the interior than that. I want to get new pedals (with Stainless trim and the Disc brake logos), new dash pad (for AC cars), new steering wheel, the seats redone and redo the metal dashboard. Also thinking about redoing the glove box (want it larger than what Vintage Air supplied) and possibly a center console (would like cup holders). I also would like a new instrument cluster and stereo system. I also want to redo the trunk to make it look cleaner with sidewalls to protect the quarter panels from damage.

The carpet I did get from ACC but not directly from the company. I got it from Ebay that sells it at a much lower cost but I get it directly from ACC (Drop shipped) Paid about $150 shipped. Carpet is tagged for 74-79 Chevy Novas (2 dr Automatic) They come in ALOT of colors.

Thanks!

Went looking for them after I posted the response. I'll check out what eBay has to offer.

Chris

'74 Nova, 355 cid, Turbo 350. Front Disc Brakes.
Old 2nd-December-2012, 06:50 PM   #643
Tarantula

Ebay has been the greatest resource for much of the restoration of my Nova.

Many have the idea that Ebay is cheap or that there is no quality being sold there, but this is not so.

Whenever I need something, I look to Ebay first, than other places. There are many great companies that use Ebay as their selling store. Do not underestimate what it has to offer.

Thats one tip i can offer that has made my restoration just a bit more affordable.
Old 2nd-December-2012, 07:02 PM   #644
jimys72

Nova(s): 72 Nova, 78 Elcamino
love that carpet.
Old 3rd-December-2012, 02:43 PM   #645
Vikesman101

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 69 Nova
Looks good Steve, I had the same idea about putting side walls in the trunk but it is not very high on the "to do" list yet. I still need headers and rear bumper brackets as a priority. I will keep reading as long as you keep posting.

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement