Why can't I......? - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > General > StevesNovaSite.com News and Help

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 1st-December-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
nova_chick

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 1963 SS
Why can't I......?

I just want to know why I can't do the "my garage" thing or post pics without using something like photobucket. This has been the first Forum of any type I've used that seems so hostile to newbies. Just saying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1st-December-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
admin

Title: Administrator
You do not need to use photobucket. You can upload a photo to the site from your very own computer, or from somewhere else on the net.

When you go to upload a picture you are given the option to select a file from your computer or you can enter in a URL to an externally hosted image. For example, another website or photobucket.

Oh, and BTW the site is far from being hostile towards new users. This coming from a user that has been a member here for under a month. Just saying...

SNS Facebook page
The best Nova Car Show on the Internet. Join us.

If you have an account problem, send me a PM.
Forum Rules
Old 2nd-December-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
nova_chick

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 1963 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
You do not need to use photobucket. You can upload a photo to the site from your very own computer, or from somewhere else on the net.

When you go to upload a picture you are given the option to select a file from your computer or you can enter in a URL to an externally hosted image. For example, another website or photobucket.

Oh, and BTW the site is far from being hostile towards new users. This coming from a user that has been a member here for under a month. Just saying...
I read on my profile/account page I am not permitted to post pictures. So I assumed I couldn't. As for the "my garage" thing I tried twice to add info and both times was denied access. Not sure what that was about.
Old 3rd-December-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
administrator

Title: Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova_chick View Post
I read on my profile/account page I am not permitted to post pictures. So I assumed I couldn't. As for the "my garage" thing I tried twice to add info and both times was denied access. Not sure what that was about.
Hi there, what error exactly were you getting when trying to upload to the garage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement