Ls engine mounts? - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Body, Chassis and Mechanical > Drivetrain & Performance > LSx Forum

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 14th-November-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
nodice333

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1967 1969
Ls engine mounts?

Getting ready to order my mount adapters and was wondering what ever one is having luck with, looking for something that will keep my 5.3 in the stock sbc position in my 69
Thanks
Advertisement

Old 14th-November-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
Nova 404

Title: Supporting Vendor
Nova(s): 1967 Nova SS
Are you talking mounts or adapter plates? A standard mount or an Energy Suspension mount work with the adapter plates.If you end up using CBR headers they come with the adapter plates.The CBR position is as far back as the heads will clear the firewall.Oddly the bell housing on the LS ends up about 1 1/2 farther forward than a standard SBC.This also obviously moves the trans forward about the same amount.
Old 15th-November-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
nodice333

Yea im looking for the adapters
Old 19th-November-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
DiehardGM

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1971 Nova 2dr LQ9 TH350
Im doing the same thing right now in my 71. I started off with carshop 1" setback plates. They put the engine in the stock sbc location, but it was too close to the firewall to clear the heater core tubes. If you want to use those you will need to do a big block core swap if the car is originally a small block car. I didnt want to mess with that so now I have carshop neutral plates. The downfall to this is that now I will have to move the transmission forward about an inch.
Old 19th-November-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
TomM

Nova(s): 1966 - Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodice333 View Post
Yea im looking for the adapters
Dirty Dingo makes some nice adjustable plates to set your engine where you want....

T,
Old 19th-November-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
batman09

Nova(s): 1967 Ht & 1962 wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomM View Post
Dirty Dingo makes some nice adjustable plates to set your engine where you want....

T,
how does that work with the transmission cross member?

1967 Nova-----Ls3/4L70e
Old 19th-November-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
TomM

Nova(s): 1966 - Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman09 View Post
how does that work with the transmission cross member?
It doesn't, you'll have to modify your crossmember, or fab a new one. These just get the engine where you want it, without having to buy different sets of plates.

After further review, for his 69 he can slide the crossmember forward and drill new holes, or lengthen the mounting plate on the crossmember. Forgot he was working a 3rd Gen.

T,

Last edited by TomM; 19th-November-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 24th-November-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
nodice333

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomM View Post
It doesn't, you'll have to modify your crossmember, or fab a new one. These just get the engine where you want it, without having to buy different sets of plates.

After further review, for his 69 he can slide the crossmember forward and drill new holes, or lengthen the mounting plate on the crossmember. Forgot he was working a 3rd Gen.

T,
i went with these plates if it helps anybody, along with a set of moroso solid motor mounts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-Engine-S...5&cmd=ViewItem

went with the one inch back one the adapter plate for the test fit to keep the trans in its stock location,. the th350 crossmember i had in my car worked perfect with my 4 speed, lined up perfect, there is just enough clearance between the firewall and the back of the block, my 69 has had a heater delete done so i dont have to worry about that, me and stan checked the fitment of the heater delete plate that i got from DSE and there is plenty of room

Untitled by troyscars67, on Flickr

Untitled by troyscars67, on Flickr
Old 25th-November-2012, 06:23 PM   #9
BiPoLaR ReHaB

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 67 2Dr Sedan
I wish my test fit was as easy as yours!! Installing th lsx was a breeze in your car.
Old 3rd-December-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
vdiaz133

Nova(s): 63 NOVA Wagon 71 Pontiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardGM View Post
Im doing the same thing right now in my 71. I started off with carshop 1" setback plates. They put the engine in the stock sbc location, but it was too close to the firewall to clear the heater core tubes. If you want to use those you will need to do a big block core swap if the car is originally a small block car. I didnt want to mess with that so now I have carshop neutral plates. The downfall to this is that now I will have to move the transmission forward about an inch.
I went with the carshop standard location adapter plates and short and wide frame mounts, everything fit perfect but I am running a 6 speed. I bought the G-Force transmission crossmember and that lined up perfect with the holes where the old transmission holes were.
I'm on a tight budget so I looked around and found that the carshop plates are some of the least expensive one out there as well as the G-Force crossmember.
I've got pictures as well as part numbers if you need them.
Old 4th-December-2012, 01:57 PM   #11
DiehardGM

Nova(s): 1971 Nova 2dr LQ9 TH350
So the carshop plates didnt work with my stock frame stands. I dont want to change the factory stands so I ordered the Dingo sliders. Kinda pricey, but now I can put it anywhere I want. By the way, I have the Carshop plates up for sale part# 2349
Sponsored Links
Advertisement