1964 Chevy II Shorty - Page 2 - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > General > Ebay, etc. Discussion

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 17th-November-2012, 09:46 AM   #16
sbc1320

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1972 Nova -383
I'll give them $250 for it if they pay shipping.
Advertisement

Old 17th-November-2012, 10:10 AM   #17
Ryan V64SS

Nova(s): 64 SS, 63 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973dodgecharger View Post
What would be the price of this car finished up if anyone were to guess.]
37K thats what bad boyz customs in cullman alabama said...

Seriously look up their facebook and you will see what they are all about.
Old 17th-November-2012, 10:20 AM   #18
denniswhurley

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1977 Oldsmobile Omega/Nov
Charger guy... I think all of us on here can appreciate the hard work that went into this. However... Im not sure there is a price you could buy it at to resell and make money. Obviously there is not much interest in it as he has not gotten a single bid on it X3. I agree with the guy IF i wanted it... id offer him what i thought the sum of the parts was, cause this is such a ... unique car finding a buyer may be damn near impossible. Just my two cents....
Old 17th-November-2012, 10:35 AM   #19
Rotorbolt

Nova(s): 1964 Chevy II 400 4dr sed
IF I had the money, I would buy it. I think its pretty cool myself. I have always wanted to build one of these out of a 66 4 dr. I don't see why you guys are knocking this. As someone that used to work in a custom shop and did this stuff on a daily basis, I can appreciate how much work went into shortening this down and finishing it out. That 37k was more than likely based on the labor hours x the hourly rate these guys had put in it. is it actually worth that? No probably not. I don't think any of us could sell our cars and get back what we have invested in them time wise.
I comsider this a rather cool build and wouldn't take much to make a removeable type roof for it. I would use the rear section off a 2dr hardtop model for that. about the ONLY thing I would have done different here is made the doors a little longer, about the same length as the ones on a 2dr.
Anyway, I'm suprised someone actually built one and pulled it off.
Old 17th-November-2012, 10:57 AM   #20
Ryan V64SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorbolt View Post
about the ONLY thing I would have done different here is made the doors a little longer, about the same length as the ones on a 2dr.
Anyway, I'm suprised someone actually built one and pulled it off.
Wouldnt you end up with a regular 2 dr at that point? Any how the only thing they managed in pulling off was ruining a Nova. Poor car...
Old 17th-November-2012, 03:33 PM   #21
Rotorbolt

Nova(s): 1964 Chevy II 400 4dr sed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan V64SS View Post
Wouldnt you end up with a regular 2 dr at that point? Any how the only thing they managed in pulling off was ruining a Nova. Poor car...
Not really. If they had used the length of a door off a 2rd as referance, they coulda' welded the front half of the front door with the rear half of the rear door to match the length. It would look better proportioned I would think. it would still be a 2 seater roadster because basically the section in the rear seat area would still be gone. So it wouldn't be "regular" in that sense.

I wouldn't call it ruined by no means. Its made out of a 4dr. Tell me HOW many of THOSE have you seen actually ruined and destroyed just for parts? I've witnessed and been involved in literally cutting up more than several 1st and 2nd gen novas ( 4drs, wagons, even a 2dr post) just for their parts to sell. I'm not the only one here that has done this either. Those destroyed cars are gone forever and cannot be driven and ejoyed like this saved one can. And since when did the lowly 4dr become as valuable as the ever more desireable 2dr models anyway? Thats why I love 4drs..You can do this kind of stuff to them and have fun without actually having to worry about what they are worth, their collector value or how much money you can flip them for..
If this car was built by a member here posted on a build / progress thread, it wouldn't be getting these kind of comments. Besides, is hacking and altering this 4dr up any different than gutting / tubbing out a 2dr to turn it into a prostreeter or drag car?

Last edited by Rotorbolt; 17th-November-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 17th-November-2012, 04:25 PM   #22
Ryan V64SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorbolt View Post
Not really. If they had used the length of a door off a 2rd as referance, they coulda' welded the front half of the front door with the rear half of the rear door to match the length. It would look better proportioned I would think. it would still be a 2 seater roadster because basically the section in the rear seat area would still be gone. So it wouldn't be "regular" in that sense.

I wouldn't call it ruined by no means. Its made out of a 4dr. Tell me HOW many of THOSE have you seen actually ruined and destroyed just for parts? I've witnessed and been involved in literally cutting up more than several 1st and 2nd gen novas ( 4drs, wagons, even a 2dr post) just for their parts to sell. I'm not the only one here that has done this either. Those destroyed cars are gone forever and cannot be driven and ejoyed like this saved one can. And since when did the lowly 4dr become as valuable as the ever more desireable 2dr models anyway? Thats why I love 4drs..You can do this kind of stuff to them and have fun without actually having to worry about what they are worth, their collector value or how much money you can flip them for..
If this car was built by a member here posted on a build / progress thread, it wouldn't be getting these kind of comments. Besides, is hacking and altering this 4dr up any different than gutting / tubbing out a 2dr to turn it into a prostreeter or drag car?
I think there is a huge difference. If that was a tubbed 2 dr it would have sold by now

I for one would not and have never seen any norcal sawzall member cut up a usesble nova because it had more than 2 doors for parts. The ones we have cut were total losses or rusty beyond repair. Years ago it was common but not now in my circles. Novajoe daily drives a 63 4 dr, 1963wagonman fully restored a 4 door 63 for his son, Jeepboy90 bought a 4 dr to part out but it was too nice so its up for sale now

Last edited by Ryan V64SS; 17th-November-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 17th-November-2012, 04:28 PM   #23
Ryan V64SS

If that car was longer like you describe it might not look so wierd. I just cant get over how silly it looks and since no one has bid on it my sentiments are not alone...
Old 17th-November-2012, 04:35 PM   #24
EDS64SS

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 64SS
It looks like a clown car at the circus
Old 17th-November-2012, 04:45 PM   #25
kcmocarguy

Nova(s): 1962 2 dr hdtp
I want the '62 grill
Old 17th-November-2012, 04:56 PM   #26
sbc1320

Nova(s): 1972 Nova -383
Now there was an older Chevy truck done years back that everything and every which was cut down and all done in proportion. It was if it was stuck in a machine and shrunk evenly. Talking about hard to do, now that would be very very hard to do, but they it was done right.
Advertisement