1965 Moordoor has arrived! - Page 5 - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > General > Car Profiles

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 1st-November-2012, 04:25 PM   #61
Cal66

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 66 Nova 4 door
Rodney - Man there's a lot of work to do al right! But I'm impressed with your attitude and drive to continue on the tear down and re-build! - others might have packed it in by now. Sure helps if you can do the work yourself and you know you can get good info and help from the good people on this site!
It's too bad we weren't closer as I might have had a few parts for you off my donor car ( which is being picked up tomorrow for the boneyard). A sawzall could have taken off those rockers and 'b' pillar ( if the 66 is the same as the 65 - not sure ). Any way I'm sure you will find those parts down there.
Keep up the good work (with the photos) as I'm going through the same thing with my 4 door re-build. Md
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3rd-November-2012, 01:00 AM   #62
rodneypierce

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 1965 moredoor
Cal, yes, I agree. Many would have thrown in the towel, and I thought about it as well. BUT, I have the car here, its really very solid other then this mess I have encountered here. But everything else is very nice. So, it really wouldn't be worth me having to go buy another shell, which chances are will be in worse shape them the current one as far as quarter panels, rockers, etc goes.

And I have the drive, and will/tools to fix it, and correct this time. So might as well have at it

I found the parts from John Coppollo. Just waiting on him having time to remove the parts from the donor car. He is getting me the entire inner and outer rocker panel complete, so that will take some time to remove without just hacking it out with a sawzall. He said he already has a B pillar removed, just needed to get the rocker panel out.

Then, I will continue on working on the car! Might work on removing more paint tomorrow, but we will have to see what they day brings. Anxious to get working on the body work again, and get it all squared away!
Old 3rd-November-2012, 01:58 AM   #63
GreasyDD63

Nova(s): 1963 ChevyII 4dr 100
Dude great find! I'm glad to see you pulled the trigger on it!
I paid half that price for my Moordoor but it's not half the car yours is! but I was 18 at the time! Give me a break!! But I'm 24 now & starting to wonder if I bit off more than i can chew but luckily I have my awesome wife pushing me to make it right!
Sorry for the rant but Good Luck brotha! You have a great start it looks like.
Old 4th-November-2012, 09:11 PM   #64
rodneypierce

alright, little more grinding on the car today. Found more bondo on the other quarter panel. Needs a patch panel put in (someone already put on in, but it was poorly done, just like all of the other repairs on the car, surprise surprise)

Anyhow, nothing I cant handle I will probably just get a quarter skin for each side, and patch it in from there.

Old 6th-November-2012, 02:19 AM   #65
asteeler4life

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1962 'VERT 1966 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneypierce View Post

I HAD THAT SAME ROT!
I USED A DONOR PANEL TO FIX IT!
ALSO NOTICE THE DENT IN THE COVE AREA! ONE PIECE, MULTIPLE FIXES!

62INLINE 6 GROUP
66 NOVA SS COUPE INC.
Old 15th-November-2012, 01:32 AM   #66
rodneypierce

Yes sir!

I will get some new patch panels, and weld them in there no issues. Be good as new (or better!)

Got word yesterday from John Picolla that my complete (inner and outer) rocker panel, and drivers side B pillar is on the way to me

Excited to get back on the project. Once I get the pieces from John, I will get to work on removing the rest of the junk rocker panel, and remove the b piller, and replace them with the donor parts. Then, its onto replacing the entire drivers side floor pan and toe board, and just the front pan on the passenger side.

Then, on to the rest of the body work. Cant wait to get the body work stuff done, and all of the paint stripped off.
Old 15th-November-2012, 10:55 AM   #67
Cal66

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 66 Nova 4 door
Great! - lots of work to do! - looking forward to more progress pics.Just doesn't seem to be enough time during the day to work on our projects - time flies by when I get into it! MD
Old 17th-November-2012, 03:25 PM   #68
rodneypierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal66 View Post
Great! - lots of work to do! - looking forward to more progress pics.Just doesn't seem to be enough time during the day to work on our projects - time flies by when I get into it! MD
Yeah, its tough for me right now. I just switched to second shift at work here a couple weeks ago, so doesnt seem like I have any darn time to do anything to the car! I have the weekends, but I cant seem to get out to the garage....

Miss my first shift position, but it is what it is!!
Old 17th-November-2012, 09:35 PM   #69
Quiveringfish

Nova(s): 1965 2-Dr Hardtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by EARLYIIS View Post
OMG the mud buckets even still exist. Mine were the worst I have ever seen. Looks pretty solid for sure.

EarlyIIs
I thought the same thing as I scrolled through this post.

You found a sweet 65. Now that I read through the whole story thus far, holy cow have you gone to town. Incredible to have done so much so quickly. When do you sleep?

Love the posts keep up the good work

Last edited by Quiveringfish; 17th-November-2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Finished reading posts
Old 17th-November-2012, 10:06 PM   #70
rodneypierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiveringfish View Post
I thought the same thing as I scrolled through this post.

You found a sweet 65. Now that I read through the whole story thus far, holy cow have you gone to town. Incredible to have done so much so quickly. When do you sleep?

Love the posts keep up the good work
Thanks man!

When I was on first shift, I worked on it every night. Now though, I havnt touched it in a few weeks. Just don't have the time with the new second shift schedule.

I hope to get back to it here soon!
Old 20th-November-2012, 01:40 PM   #71
rodneypierce

Parts arrived today from John Picolla. I cant say enough about his service. Gave me exactly what I was looking for, at more then a fair price!

Ive got a lot of work to do now to put in the new b pillar and complete rocker panel. Hope to get on to that here in the couple weeks!
Old 11th-January-2013, 11:00 PM   #72
rodneypierce

Alright! Been over a month since I touched the old girl.

I also run r/c boats as my other hobby, so winter time is usually build time for the boats. Ive got them nearly complete, so went out to the shop and started to tinker with the car a little bit more again.

I started to clean up the rocker panel I got from John. Started removing the remaining pieces from being but out. Another couple hours and it will be ready for welding up the holes I drilled from the spot welds, then onto removing the rest of the rocker and damaged B pillar from the car.

Then time to put the new donor parts in place! Anyways, onto some pictures:

Here is how it started out.

Old 11th-January-2013, 11:02 PM   #73
rodneypierce

And here is where I left it when I came in for the night. Have a couple more pieces to remove, weld up the holes and she is ready to go in.

Old 23rd-March-2013, 04:41 PM   #74
rodneypierce

Alright, found some time today to work on the Chevy II. I got the old B pillar, and rocker out of the way. Plan is to at least have the rocker pannel, and b pillar tacked back in place by the end of today. We will see if I get that far or not. (dont have the inner rocker out in these pics yet, but the car is setting there currently with no inner rocker. Ready for the new rocker panel fitment )

Last edited by rodneypierce; 23rd-March-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 23rd-March-2013, 09:18 PM   #75
rodneypierce

rocker panel tacked in place. Will need to go get some steel to make a couple backer pieces for strength. I will also weld along all of the seams once I fit the B-Pillar here in a little while, and hang a couple doors to see how it all lines up before final welding.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement