trim parts new carpet - Page 2 - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Body, Chassis and Mechanical > Body and Interior

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 13th-November-2012, 06:26 PM   #16
1972novafever

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 72 rally nova 355/4speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimr38 View Post
it really is a good deal.. are you getting the loop or cut pile..?
cut pile looks better.........

1972novafever Rally nova ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13th-November-2012, 06:27 PM   #17
1972novafever

How good was the fit.

Old 13th-November-2012, 06:37 PM   #18
jimr38

Nova(s): 1972 nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972novafever View Post
How good was the fit.
this fit was fantastic, it comes in a pretty small box , i thought it would take forever for it to lay flat , i tossed it in the sun for 20 minutes and then in the car it went, just be careful not to order the wrong one like i did, i only caught it when they sent the confirmation the next day, i ordered it with the 4 speed you don't want that unless you have the 4 speed. it was no problem as i called them right away and changed the part number, they make them as they are ordered.. once made its yours...and the cut pile is just amazing, it looks so good , hell i didn't even wanna put the seats in.. ha when you are ordering it says the Essex premium cut pile has an 25% up-charge , but it doesn't charge the extra 25% ... couldn't figure that out , but was glad ...
Old 13th-November-2012, 07:48 PM   #19
drnova69

Title: Nova Senior Member
thats carpet looks real good! I would love a one piece I have a brand new 2 piece that smells like a cat got to it lol maybe I NEED a one piece
Old 13th-November-2012, 08:31 PM   #20
jimr38

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnova69 View Post
thats carpet looks real good! I would love a one piece I have a brand new 2 piece that smells like a cat got to it lol maybe I NEED a one piece
that's not good....id send it back and tell them to get the cat out of the warehouse , ill tell ya i like my new carpet and my new stereo/console i keep going out there just to sit in it and rock the garage for a while. my dash is still aprt waiting for my new gauges. so i cant drive it. took out all my sending units from all the old gauges too.
Old 13th-November-2012, 09:01 PM   #21
1972novafever

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimr38 View Post
this fit was fantastic, it comes in a pretty small box , i thought it would take forever for it to lay flat , i tossed it in the sun for 20 minutes and then in the car it went, just be careful not to order the wrong one like i did, i only caught it when they sent the confirmation the next day, i ordered it with the 4 speed you don't want that unless you have the 4 speed. it was no problem as i called them right away and changed the part number, they make them as they are ordered.. once made its yours...and the cut pile is just amazing, it looks so good , hell i didn't even wanna put the seats in.. ha when you are ordering it says the Essex premium cut pile has an 25% up-charge , but it doesn't charge the extra 25% ... couldn't figure that out , but was glad ...
Yea i do have a 4 speed in there but the car used to be 3 on the tree but it is on the floor know so im going to order the one with out 4 speed and cut my own hole thanks for the info..

Old 13th-November-2012, 10:38 PM   #22
jimr38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972novafever View Post
Yea i do have a 4 speed in there but the car used to be 3 on the tree but it is on the floor know so im going to order the one with out 4 speed and cut my own hole thanks for the info..
YEAH that's what i would do too. just be careful its real easy to order the wrong one, the 4 speed carpet is the one that pops up first...
Old 14th-November-2012, 01:17 PM   #23
Jakewright

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 1974 I want to learn mor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakewright View Post
Looks awsome man. Love the shifter and dash. Want to do something similar !
Do you know where to find the screw on pieces that are inside the car above the windows? Not sure what they are called and can't find them anywhere! It's the parts that hold the headliner in place. Look like snap on parts. Please help if you can thanks !
Old 14th-November-2012, 02:20 PM   #24
jimr38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakewright View Post
Do you know where to find the screw on pieces that are inside the car above the windows? Not sure what they are called and can't find them anywhere! It's the parts that hold the headliner in place. Look like snap on parts. Please help if you can thanks !
those parts screw on , i don't think they make them re pop , you may have to either make your own or take them off a donor car... seems a lot of people have parts cars you could get them from. id put an ad in the wanted sections of the classifieds here ,someone prolly has some.the headliner wraps around that and then a molding pops on it to hold the headliner in place..
Old 15th-November-2012, 10:51 AM   #25
nova656567

Nova(s): 65 coupe 65 SS 67 Wagon
Trim Parts makes great carpet!! We've been using and selling it for years with great results. You did exactly right putting it out in the sun for 20 mins. It actually relaxes pretty fast.

Walt
Old 15th-November-2012, 06:41 PM   #26
jimr38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova656567 View Post
Trim Parts makes great carpet!! We've been using and selling it for years with great results. You did exactly right putting it out in the sun for 20 mins. It actually relaxes pretty fast.

Walt
i was amazed at how fast this stuff layed out ! very happy customer. i even called them and left them a message telling them how happy i was with it...
Old 14th-February-2013, 03:03 AM   #27
asteeler4life

Nova(s): 1962 'VERT 1966 SS
JUS' ORDERED UP A PIECE, HOPEFULLY IT COMES BY NEXT WEEKEND!

62INLINE 6 GROUP
66 NOVA SS COUPE INC.
Old 14th-February-2013, 03:33 AM   #28
asteeler4life

Nova(s): 1962 'VERT 1966 SS
WHAT DID YOU LAY YOURS DOWN WITH (ADHESIVE)!
DID YOU USE ANY JUTE PADDING OR UNDERLAYMENT? I GOT SOUND DEADENER, SO I HOPE THAT WILL BE ENOUGH! IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ELSE I MAY NEED, PM ME!

62INLINE 6 GROUP
66 NOVA SS COUPE INC.
Old 30th-April-2013, 06:36 PM   #29
novaskilling

Title: Nova Newbie
Carpet intstall

After reading this thread I ordered the same carpet for my car! I was the last one to not have to pay the 20% up charge! I was wondering when you laid your carpet did you remove your kick panels? Was the carpet easy to install? I had oer loop carpet and it was awful never laid flat and looked like crap! Thanks so much and great job your car is unreal!
Old 30th-April-2013, 07:22 PM   #30
jimr38

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaskilling View Post
After reading this thread I ordered the same carpet for my car! I was the last one to not have to pay the 20% up charge! I was wondering when you laid your carpet did you remove your kick panels? Was the carpet easy to install? I had oer loop carpet and it was awful never laid flat and looked like crap! Thanks so much and great job your car is unreal!
thanks, no i didnt remove the kick panels, i just pushed the carpet up underneath and it fit fine. i removed new loop carpet to put this stuff in , and i still have no regrets about doing it, this newer style carpet looks WAY better than the loop kind, plus its one piece , just let it sit out in the sun a while before you put it in , it will lay out much better for you. good choice you wont regret it....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App