as promised I started the engine swap over the weekend. Called up Jay, a local friend of mine for that ever needed second pair of hands. So Saturday we had to start. We pulled off the hood and started undoing the motor mounts and accessories.
then after that it was drop the grill bumper and hood release mechanisms for room cause the boom on my picker isnt super long.
then came pulling the straight 6 out along with that factory 350 transmission.
cleaned up the engine bay and busted out the rattle cans of rustoleum paint. Note that I am indeed lucky enough to do this as I live in the rust belt of the USA and most cars here are rot beasts. Mine was a garage queen so I got super lucky...
Now the route I decided to try ( against mine and Jay's better judgement...) was to put the engine and trans in together in one shot.
Took some lining up and we eventually got it in... next time however, will be installed seperately, easier than this was.
and after getting her nestled in there my little experiment for motor mounts worked PERFECTLY. No one makes the motor side mount plates anymore. Not even the dealer. So, after doing a ton of research I went on summit and ordered 2 passenger side 2nd gen camaro mounts...( thats 70-81 folks) and VIOLA!!!
both sides perfect....
aside form putting the fan back on and the carb and distributer cap etc. Thats where I am at for the moment. Should be running this coming weekend. More updates and photos to come folks.