Chevy Nova Forum banner

SS 396 Nova ?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  taz3 
#1 ·
Theres a SS Nova 396/375 roller for sale in Holtsville New York if anyones interested, on EBAY MOTORS. Not its real looking at it? Any thoughts.

#4 ·
Here's the link....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...1437278?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43b64ef75e

This guy needs a new prescription for his glasses. NO ROT! ...except both quarters, outer wheel house, and both front fenders. ....but who's lookin'?

Trans hump has been cut on a little. ......ok a LOT. ......with a sawzall and an axe.

It DOES appear to be a big block car, but I'd have to see hard documentation for the SS 375 horse thing. $5K is a ton of money for a car that rough with no original engine, trans, front seat and who knows what else is missing. PLUS, ...someone went through the trouble to put a vinyl top with all the trim on the car, but the trim tag says it didn't come with one? I smell a rat. I'd look long and hard at that car and search for the hidden VIN's to make sure they match the trim tag and VIN plate.

#5 ·
I agree with Earth.....:yes:

Thats a alot of funny money to be spent without paper(s)....

Unless he can pull some from who knows where, its just a Nova with SS badging....

With that in mind, needs a bit of attention on metal work

Not mentioning at what piece(s) needs to be replaced, with the interior or the exterior...

#9 ·
It looks to be a real BB car, but it's not the L78, it was the L34. You can check for the dual exhaust reinforcement plate on the driver side rear frame rail at the shock to be sure it is an SS. This car is a month older then my L78 car, so it has the wrong grill (1970 in it now). I've seen worse non SS cars go for the same money up here. The car is still salvageable and is the rarer of the 2 BB offered, but you probably couldn't build this car and get your money back out of it.

I can't see if it has discs, which was a mandatory option for the BB's in 69, the master cylinder is also incorrect, but this was common back in the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.