Chevy Nova Forum banner

Ideas for new carb?

6K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  denniswhurley 
#1 ·
Hey guys... Im having all kinds of trouble with my Quadrajet carb... someone decided it was a great idea to wire the choke open, plug off most of the vacuum lines and generally mis adjust everything from the idle to the kickdown cable...sooooo my plan is to replace the carb... looking for suggestions... rt now it is a bone stock 305. Will be adding this week Hooker headers and eventually putting a 350 in it. so ... do we just replace carb? carb and intake? thoughts and ideas?? Any other info you guys need? It is my DD but considering gas here is .... 0.78 a gallon.. mileage isnt really a concern... oh yeah i said 0.78 cents a gallon for 98 octane. :devil::yes:

#3 ·
Wait....What?

Seventy eight cents a gallon? Omega? I'm taking a wild guess here that you and the car are not in Arkansas. That would make getting it made right a real challenge.

A direct replacement carb is available and would be the easiest fix if getting parts is a challenge. If you change the carb type, hoses and linkage can be a challenge with a NAPA next door. Have you found drawings for the correct routing of the vacuum hoses if you are going to replace them?

Keep us up to date with what you do and remember, pictures help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.