Chevy Nova Forum banner

2" drop leaf spring pics, 2nd gen preferred

9K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  PldBryan 
#1 ·
Ok, I've searched this forum for hours and still can't find what I'm looking for.

I would like to see pics of anyone that has 2" drop leaf springs on their 2nd gen Chevy II. I picked up a set of the CBR 2" drop leafs but I think they are going to sit lower than I'd like.

I have the stock mono's right now and they are sagging, but I like the stance. I just have a bad feeling the 2" drop leafs will drop it even lower. I don't want it any lower than I have. Right now it measures 22" from the ground to the fender wheel opening. I will be running 15x7 Prostars....

Here is how it sits now.

See less See more
#10 ·
If its the look your going for then go for it. I personally think the 2inch drop in the rear and stock front might be just be a little to much drop for the back but its your car.

From the pic you provided it looks like there maybe a 1inch sag going on.On 2nd thought maybe 2inch of sag if you say those are 14's.
I agree....it looks lower in the rear already......2" more and and it will look funny IMO....why not just start with 2"lowering blocks......$49 vs $400 for dearched leaf springs...if you don't like it...take them out or cut them down to 1"...see if you like them....I used these on my 65 and 67....look at my pix
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BELLTECH-3-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0c039950&vxp=mtr

#12 ·
I agree....it looks lower in the rear already......2" more and and it will look funny IMO....why not just start with 2"lowering blocks......$49 vs $400 for dearched leaf springs...if you don't like it...take them out or cut them down to 1"...see if you like them....I used these on my 65 and 67....look at my pix
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BELLTECH-3-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0c039950&vxp=mtr
My concern is the 2" drop CBR leafs that I have. I don't want to put them in if they are going to be right where I'm at now.

I'd rather just buy a standard height leaf and use a lowering block than to use a 2" drop leaf and use a universal shackle to bring it up.

Do you have a pic of your car on flat ground. To me the car in the pic looks little sloped.
I'm sure I have one on my computer. It sits just like it's pictured even on even ground. It measures 22" from the ground to the rear quarter opening.

#6 ·
That's exactly what I needed to hear. In the picture I posted above is with 14" rally's. I will be running 15x7 Weld Prostars which I have but haven't put them on yet.

If it's going to sit anything like it does now, I'll just go with a stock ride height spring and a 1" lowering block.

#13 ·
throw in the leafs... you can also pull the front coils and cut 1 full coil to level out the car. i wouldn't recommend front drop/lowering springs, they're way way too stiff... BTDT ;)

i have 2" drop leafs on my '64 with an additional 1" block... but i'm also running an aftermarket clip (2" drop spindles) with coil overs so front adjusting is easy...

#14 ·
Do you have pics of your car? Like I said, I do NOT want the car to sit the way it does now. I'd rather have it raised an inch to be honest. I don't like the slammed look. I'm going for a throw back look and would rather have it a tad higher.

Lowering the front is not something I think I'll be doing.

#16 ·
^ Awesome looking car Flyer! I like all cars but I'm just not going for that type of look.

In my other thread I'm doing a throw back 327 build for the car. Having it slammed etc just doesn't go with the flow if you know what I mean. Trying to keep it looking like it came out of the 60's :)

Hence why I am tossing the idea of selling the Prostars. I have to draw the line somewhere though lol.

#17 ·
yes, i replied in your engine thread... might get us a different image to play with, as mentioned, your uneven driveway is throwing the visual aspect off. get it on flat ground and let's see exactly how it's looking...

you have a bitchen car... shame it's one of them there POST-less cars ;)

#24 ·
Dont use your airshocks to lift it much if any at all. You should sit on the springs natural height and use the shocks to buffer both up and down.

I am guessing that the 2" are going to be a little low for your taste. I have sagging monos like yours and best I could measure, a 2" drop spring will bring it slightly lower. Of course, I want it low so it works for me. Mine sits with just a slight bit of rake with 2" drop spindles in the front and worn out springs in the rear.

Care looks GREAT by the way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.