Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 1972 K code Nova SS and 1 1972 Nova D code 6cyl

11K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  MANGOPUPPY 
#1 ·
Noticed both have A52 on last line of cowel tag.Next to the A52 on the K code SS Nova cowel tag is M2.Could that mean 4 speed because the car was a original 4 speed.On the 6cyl cowel tag next to the A52 is G3.The G3 is a power glide car.Also I believe A52 stands for bench seat which they both are.

#7 ·
Originaly bench. The original bench seat, back seat, have been redone with year one stuff as well as new door panels,carpet, headliner and sail panels. I do have a set of high backs that need recovering, a console with guages and the speedo with tach that the fellow I bought the car from threw in with the deal. Thinking I'll keep it bench, but it's cool to have the option though.

#8 ·
Yeah I love the bench Novas more now then ever.I have a bucket seat nova and my head hits the roof.You sit a little lower in a bench and have more room too. Hey I'll share my info on my 'K' code SS 72 Bench seat 4speed. Cowel tag reads-ST 72 11427W158828 Next line-TR 764 68 68 PNT Next line-01C A52 M2 0967. Vin is 1X27K2W256241. Whats the build date on your cowel tag,close to mine?

#12 · (Edited)
Bit of a story on that find. Actually found it here on Steve's classified Sept 07
Car was built in L.A, sold originaly in Arizona, then it went to so cal., then I bought it. It's got all doc's exept for protecto plate, including build sheets orignial bill of sale, Arizona and California plates etc. I'm the third owner. Currently frame-off.....Taking my time.(and most of my money) Car has all original sheet metal, original drive train,AC, 72' rally wheels PS, PDB, 4spd. 65 65 is Orange flame.

#13 ·
My father-in-laws doesn't have the original 350. It is a replacement 350, but still has everything else. Built at Willow Run, Sequoia Green with a dark green bench interior. Now it is navy blue with a black interior with bucket seats. We are actually going to pick the car up next Saturday. It was a Philly car, sold to a girl in Maryland, now it is going back to the Philly area.

#15 ·
What dealership in AZ? I never saw a LOS build sheet on a Nova,can you post it? One of my Novas was from CA.,built in Willow Run though.Extremely solid original panel car!I have the original CA Black plates, VND 268 on them.1964NovaSS,Sounds nice,very fair price.Nice to hear its coming home to Philly.....Post some pictures! I also have a old Philly BB Nova street racer.

#19 ·
Stupid Me!

It was.... Bought it Mar. 1974,I knew the original owner, (sisters boy-friend),I was 18 at the time, didn't have a clue of what I had. Payed $1750 canadian for it. Man I sure kick my self for selling that one! Don't you wish you hang on to every car you ever owned?

#23 ·
Interesting you say Courtesy Chevrolet in Phoenix AZ.Courtesy still there.I was there back in 2002 and talked to Micky H.She worked there all her life starting sometime in the mid 60's as partime help.She knew **** Harrell because Courtesy was a Chevrolet Dealerships who sold his 68 Harrell 427 cars.In 68 Harrell sold 2 427 Chevelles,4 Novas (396/427) and 2 427 Camaros. I do have all the vin numbers on these cars which Micky shared with me and a friend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.