6K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Baddbob 
#1 ·
Im about to install a 350 into my 72 nova
bored .20 over
comp cam 268 advr duration 454 Lift
64 cc camel hum heads
rmp intake manifold
600 cfm carb
So here is my problem I dont have accessory bolt holes so where would I find brackets for alt and PS pump.
Also how much power do you think will be making?

#4 ·
If you run the short style water pump and 68 or older brackets, then you would be fine. Other alternative is to fab brackets up to mount accessory's or modify the ones you have. I have run the Camel hump heads on a 74 Nova. I really didnt run into to many problems as the P.S. pump bolted throught the water pump and then the other bracket bolted to the header/ manifold bolt. Only bracket I had to make was for the lower bolt of the alternator. Made a bracket to support the rear. Took the spacer off the alternator and made a bracket that bolted to the manifold/ header bolt and lower bolt along lower edge of block in front. Still used the original lower bracket that bolts to the pump. The other bracker I made had a nut welded on. Kinda hard to explain. The long bolt that usually goes into the head cannot as you can see on yours.

#5 ·
Here is a couple pics of my alt bracket with camel hump heads. You can see the top bracket mounts off the water pump but I dont seem to have a pic of the lower bracket. The lower bracket mounts off the front 2 header bolts on the drivers side, you should be able to pick up both brackets at your local parts store! hope this helps!:yes:

#6 ·
Here is a couple pics of my alt bracket with camel hump heads. You can see the top bracket mounts off the water pump but I dont seem to have a pic of the lower bracket. The lower bracket mounts off the front 2 header bolts on the drivers side, you should be able to pick up both brackets at your local parts store! hope this helps!:yes:
QUOTE]

Your using a short style water pump right?

#7 ·
Yeah he's using a short water pump.I am running the same setup on my c-10 with camel humps.

The bracket that bolts to the header is adjustable so you should be able to get it all lined up.I had to grind a bit of the bottom of the upper altenator bracket as it was poorly made china crap.

My truck came factory with a short water pump.when I put the headers on I had to loose the factory bracket.

#12 ·
This style of bracket will not work then! There is a company buy the name of I think Allen Grove who makes them for your set up in either long or short pump! Do a google search under his name ( I think I spelled it right or could be Allan) and you should find what you need! Hope you get it worked out.:D

#15 ·
I've ran those old 461 and 462 castings on many engines with the long pump. All I did was modify the stock lower bracket by doubling two of them and welding them together then welding another bracket on them that goes to the backside of the alternator. If you make this mounting point strong enough then there's no need for the attachment to the head. Here's a pic of my Son's 331 done that way, we spin it to 7k and have never lost a belt. It doesn't flex at all.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.