Chevy Nova Forum banner

New from Mississippi

3K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  ACONLP 
#1 ·
Hello I am from central MS and this is my 67 chevy II. I'm 30 years old and have had this car for 16 years(my first car). It is a 283 3 speed car with 57000 miles, when I bought it it had 36000. I would ride with my dad on his parts route in the summers when not cutting grass. My dad spotted it sitting under a lean to behind a house. We stopped in and bought it for 2500 (2200 hard grass cutting money and a 300 loan from gran-maw). We poured gas in the carb and she fired up. I'm the second owner and the first owner was a old lady who kept a book on everything ever done to the car from washes to oil changes and ins. papers. I have the orig. bill of sale and it sold for 2500 when new, she traded in a 61 chev. It has been painted now for 15 years. and the motor was out for the first time about a year ago(bad cam bearings) to go through used same pistons(almost no wear groove in cyl walls and had the heads re-worked. This car is a blast and hope to pass it on through the family for as long as we are on this earth. I also have two work in progress cars a 66 2 door hard top and a 67 wagon. Iwill post more pics when I get in(I work offshore) This site is great!!! I've been on ever since I found it. I love these Chevy II's

See less See more
#21 ·
Thanks for all the comments!! I have posted some pics of m projects in the non-tech section.

I have a lot of good car guy frends that are 15 or more years older than me that say I was born 20 years too late. They have helped me make good decisions along the way!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.