Chevy Nova Forum banner

right stuff control arms ok!! surprisingly

7K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  Chevymann74 
#1 ·
just opened my right stuff tubulars and their not bad for the price i honestly recomend them was gonna buy church boys but also found a chevy 12 bolt for 500 and had to jump on it so i had to buy something cheaper and went with right stuff their pretty heavy duty id trust them personally i might replace upper balljoint but other than that their fine by me for those who have been wondering. I looked around for weeks and never found negative or positive feedback so i had to see for myself

#3 ·
hoestly they look damn near identical but these guys have some heavy duty material used in them i dont see them being an issue if anything the ball joints are cheap atleast the uppers but they realy surprised me i was comparing them and the kmj ones and i was unsure i wanted them but when i saw them in person they were just fine i dont see anything wrong with them its like anything else like at the grocery store you have the store brand and then theres the name brand its the same thing your just paying more for the name and maybe some slight design diffrence you know?

#22 ·
Just put the same RSD uppers and lowers on my 71. They're pretty solid, but I agree about the upper ball joints. I had to slip the rubber boot back over the base on both of the upper ball joints before installing. I wonder about them, but so far so good. I think they'll be alright. You can't beat the price and I've heard good things so far.

#23 ·
Just ran across this post. I have the Right Stuff upper and lower control arms and did replace the upper ball joints. Also the powder coat IMO is not all that good. I have bottomed out a couple times cause I was unaware of the difference in the lower control arm, something about a lower cup. Whats the quick fix for this if any?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.