Chevy Nova Forum banner

My 66 build

6K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  327steam 
#1 ·
Moving this thread over here and will post here now. Going to start final assembly and will be asking opinions etc.

Swapping out the front rotors and calpiers to 14 inch 6 pistons, then sub frame connectors and then will install engine and trans and work around from there. Got some ideas on the interior and some changes to exterior as well.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173656

#4 ·
It's a mix really, I used f-body, Chuck used CTS I think, Burke has done two with truck accessories, so there is no real limiting factor as far as pans or room. I think even Corvette will work, but can't remember seeing one.....you should have plenty of room. having said that, truck pans are too deep, and I don't think a vette bat wing pan will work, at least I haven't seen one....

Burke moved his engine forward an inch, and so did I. It is tight, but there is clearance......and it all fits..

T,

#5 · (Edited)
I'm using an F-body pan. Why move the engine forward? My first thought was to move it down and as far back as possible. I plan on running a
4l80e so wonder if moving forward helps with that? TCI claims that their plates move the motor down and back as much as possible. I also plan on running the a/c compressor low on the passenger side, I would think moving it forward would help with that as well. Just like the look of it back. Do you have any pics you can share, thanks.

NVM, I see you thread!

#6 ·
I moved it forward to give me room to do the low A/C bracket, more tunnel room for the trans, and be able to hide some wiring behind the engine.......

Pretty sure you are going to have to split the tunnel at least. That 80E is a big sucker.....

You can only go so far forward, I think 1" is about it. As for going down, you are going to have some ground clearance issues if you go more than an inch or two, no matter what exhaust you run..

T,

#8 ·
not a lot of progress as I was waiting for my new rotors to come in which they finally did. Couldn't move the car around with out them.

Exchanged my SS 12 inch rotors with 4 piston for these badass 14 inch with 6 piston! What do you think?

got some other parts so I can set the engine and trans in. Those are dirty dingo adjustable plates

#21 ·
So check it out. I don't want any lines in the engine bay so I mounted the PSC resevior in the wheel well. The lines run to the hydratech MC under the dash. I drilled and tapped in fittings with a tube so I can see the fuild level.

Also moved the grill forward almost an inch and custom mounted the a/c condenser. Plenty of room for IC and Rad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.