Chevy Nova Forum banner

Who sells the plastic rocker extensions for my '68

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Sooner1 
#1 ·
I'd like to replace the plastic side skirt? That hangs down below the rockers on my 1968 Acadian. They run between the front and rear wheel.
Any idea what they're actually called and who sells repro's?
Thanks

#9 ·
That was me on the rocker curtain topic. I thought there might have been 2 designs of the 68 only rocker curtains. But I think the ones I have where cut. The car was re-painted at one time so they were removed maybe cut at that time?? I still have them and would be willing to sell them. The longer one is the one from my 68 L79 I am restoring. I used this pair for my car. Personally I think this was part of the exterior trim option.

#11 · (Edited)
Thanks for posting, those are exactly what I was talking about:)
Yours appear to be in similar shape as mine, a little bent here and there.
I guess I could try shooting mine with some new paint to see if it would bring their dull look back to life.
They're definitely a rare option by the sounds of it

You can just make them out under my car here

#14 ·
You can clean them up. The short set had under coating all over them which helped protect them. My L79 pair where twisted and had some scratches but overall in good shape. I used a very fine scotch brite pad claened them and gave them a fresh coat of sem plastic paint which really brought them back to life. If they are not cracked or torn. I would save yours. Another car with both exterior trim options and curtains....cool.

I think the idea was to give the car a look as too having a frame. They kind of hind the sub frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.