Chevy Nova Forum banner

Fat Man spindles

5K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  mr.murf 
#1 ·
Has anyone used the 2" drop spindles from Fat Man Fabrications?

#3 ·
Yes and the fat man spindles are also a "tall" spindle. I'm just worried about tie rod issues with the wheels that i have. I'm running 17x7 with 4" of backspacing.

Most of the camaro forums (they use the same front suspension as 3rd gens) guys have run into problems with the tie rods hitting the wheel/tire with drop spindles.

I just want to know if anybody here has used the tall drop spindles without any tie rod issues.. and what backspacing they have.

#6 ·
The more I read about that kit, the more I want it!

However, I only have a budget of $2000 for my front suspension upgrade and that kit would eat up half of it..... plus they don't guarantee fitment with stock or other tubular control arms.

What size front wheels are you running? backspacing?

Does that problem exist when using 2" lowering springs? Just wondering.
No........

#10 ·
Murf, I realize you are asking about the fatman spindles, I sent them an email and I have not heard back.

I also sent a email to Heidts about their 2" tall spindle and Mike Hawley responded saying that a maximum of 5" of backspace can be used with a 17" wheel with their spindles.

Maybe that will help? I'm still going back and forth on spindles or springs.

#11 ·
I keep going back and forth myself. I'm trying to figure out if the heidts spindles would work with my stock disc brakes up front. I'm not sure if the bracket would work or not.

I think I might just save my money and keep my stock spindles with some drop springs for now... because i'm gonna be out of money after I buy my 500 series steering box, new master/booster and tubular control arms.

Let me know what you decide for you setup.

Good to know the spindles are good up to 5"... i'm planning on going 4.5"

#12 ·
Looks like i'm going with the Heidt's tall drop spindles after all. I just got off the phone with Brian at Heidts and he said they will work with stock 11" disc brakes and ANY tubular control arms.

Just thought i'd share.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.