Chevy Nova Forum banner

House of Kolor paint

12K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  JRChevy 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone had used House of Kolor paint. I am really liking their Blue Blood Red. It was one of several suggestion on color from the guy painting my car. I would probably be concerned with matching it down the road if it needed any touch ups.
I saw a old caddy painted that color with I white base under it at world of wheels this weekend... pretty nice!

Tg

#3 · (Edited)
Tom,
I am planning on using House of Kolors paint. Actually I have been since starting with their Direct to Metal Primmer and now I am using their Koseal II Primer/Sealer (white).

I am trying to decide between Blue Blood Red (best red there is IMO) a color called Bittersweet ( sorta a burned orange gold color) and Majik Blue (similar to a Dodge Viper Blue) All of the products I have used from them have worked really well and I am an amateur painter at best. I have gotten all of it from www.tcpglobal.com They are located in San Diego CA so it arrives in one day via UPS ground. Pretty good prices too!

Blue blood red is a really nice color. You can buy 2oz or 4oz samples size bottles from tcpglobal of any color HOK makes. They are premixed (thinned) and ready to shoot. I bought 6 colors and shot them on 8" x 10" foam core boards. Then you can take these outside in the sunlight to really see what the color will look like.

PM me with your adress and I will mail the red test panel I shot to you so you can take a look at it.
Ron

Edit....it is not the color of the fire wall in my avitar.....that was Euro Red which is way tto orange for my tastes.

#5 ·
I used Kandt Tangerine over a cinnamon red. Turned out awesome!

#12 · (Edited)
Used it on my '78 I sold in August. House of Kolor- "Sunset Pearl". (like Seattle Mikes without the flakes) It sure didn't cover as well as they said it would. They said 2-3 heavy coats. This was 9 coats later? It DID look awesome in the Sun!!!:eek:

I did have to re-shoot the hood after a run in with a mindless polisher (ME:turn:) It was a piece of cake!

Also,

I found a place to buy it a heckuva lot cheaper than local retailers. I think I got it for $45 a quart and shipping was FREE over $250 I think.. Worked out great!HOKPaint

#16 ·
Excuse the sacrilige of posting a Camaro. This is House of Color paint. I've seen all of their colors - fabulous.
BTW, this car belongs to a friend, Mike, who is a car builder/restoration guy who does all of his own body
and paint work. The car trophyed at Goodguys in Spokane summer past.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.