Chevy Nova Forum banner

1st Gen Side Glass Install Questions

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  62civa 
#1 ·
I think I have finally collected all the parts to re-assemble all of my side glass. All new glass, some new re-pop frames, some old parts re-chromed. I need to install all of the glass into the bottom channels and then install the frames. I have the black rubber gasket material (can't remember the name right now) that is used around the glass between the glass and the frames. I have a few questions about installing the glass. Is the glass first glued into the lower channels? What kind of glue do I use? How do I install the black rubber gasket material? Do you glue it in place or is it just a press fit? Do you use soap and water to fit it in place? ANY suggestions or instructions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ron

#10 ·
This is from Vintiques web page:

To determine the thickness needed you need to solve the following story problem :)

(1) Measure the thickness of the glass

(2) Measure the gap width of the channel the glass fits into

(3) Subtract the thickness of the glass from the width of the channel then divide that figure by 2

(4) Tell us the thickness tape you need from the following choices: 1/32", 3/64", 1/16", 5/64"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.