Chevy Nova Forum banner

Why the 4th Generation Nova never were reproduced in Die Cast Models?

9K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  darricks77nova 
#1 ·
As a proud owner of a 1976 Chevy Nova and of a collection of 1:18 Die Cast Cars I have to ask why these generation never receive the recognition to make those models,by the toys magnates.

#3 ·
they sell a 1:24 model plastic kit but yes i wonder that the same way i wonder why theres no actual panels or hoods you can get or even repro bumpers i did ask about this and this is from good mark they say there is no demand for 4th gen parts we all have to start getting on the companies buts and tell em lol they even say they look at how many are plated this is bs we should all team up and get em to make the stuff

#7 ·
:cool:Yes it's pretty cool seeing nothing but 4 gens out on the race track! I would think you could find more links with 4th gen die cast stock cars by doing a search for die cast of any of the drivers' names shown there with the 4th gens on that link. It seems that most of them ran the Omegas, Venturas and Skylarks but some also ran Novas back in those days.

#14 ·
So, your a Pontiac Ventura fan? Or maybe just a Dale Earnhardt fan :)

Actually I was never a Rusty fan but my favorite 4th gen car is the 75 Omega :yes: We had one. It was a dark brown metallic 2 dr. with white buckets and rally wheels. Cool looking car. :cool: Had to trade it in on a Plymouth Volare wagon back in 85 :eek: When I find a picture of it I'll post it sometime.

#24 ·
4th Generation Diecast!

Many years ago I made a trip to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept Museum.
They had a restored, by the transport division, 1975 9C1 Nova 4dr.sedan on display in the courtyard. I went there to get photos of that vehicle.
In the museum are a number of display cases of memorabilia. I remember seeing a model of a 4th Generation 4dr. in one of the cases. There were no staff around at the time i spotted this to ask about it. It was very detailed, almost like the old manufacturer's models on display in many auto dealerships.
Perhaps a member of Steves Nova Site who lives in Los Angeles could check this out and let everyone know their findings??:yes:

Bruce

#25 ·
That is a great idea and I would like to see that. Maybe one of these days I can figure out how to post a pic without sending anyone to photoshop. Back in 96 or 97 I was at a toy show and found a tin 4 dr 4th gen Nova cop car. Wayne Bushey wanted it from me and I told him no. Still haven't seen another one like it since and the noise it makes is messed up which I don't care.

#27 ·
1.18th 1976 Nova SS

My vision for the Diecast version of the 4th generation nova would have to be a 1976 SS because of the grill. It would be cool if it were opening hatchback and the rear seat folded down. As long as I'm dreaming, make the front seats buckets (foldable as well) with four speed and console with gauges. The engine would be the 350 c.i. H.O. with four barrell carb. Stock nova rally wheels and by sply thin white wall tires. An arey of color combos such as dark blue with white stripes, red with white stripes, yellow with black stripes, orange with white stripes. or lt. blue met. with black stripes. etc. etc. etc. Of course it would have opening doors and hood with the ignition wires and plumbing on the engine as well as working suspention and steering wheel. Not to much to ask for, I think it would sell.

#28 ·
that would sell definatley to bad the die cast world isnt like the true car manufacturing to call em up tell em what you want and get it shipped to your door now that would be cool espeacially if they had a mold of all 4th gens and colors engine ops interior and trim packages and make it have the actual leaf rear with it working and also have it to where you could modify it with ready parts like ls swaps 4 link or ladder bar systems that you can buy seperatly for like performance upgrades for the model now that would be cool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.