Chevy Nova Forum banner

Sbc solid roller lifters

7K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Sooner1 
#1 ·
I have been researching- I can't find isky red zone ezx lifters for sbc.
What would be the next best?
I read crower or isky hippo.
Doesn't Howard's sell for morel or is this just for hydraulic roller?

This is going in 383, i have eagle bottom end, 210 afrs and edy 2925.
Friends convincing me to go. E85.
Planned cam is lunati 60134: 255/263 at .600 lift.

Thoughts greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

#4 · (Edited)
Howards does not sell for Morel, and not all there line is Morel that is a poor assumption.

Morels are distributed by John Callies.

Herbert lifters are Morels.
And there are several options.

And Herbert is having a Black Friday 10% sale.

Al

#6 ·
509 Block 30 over, SRP flat top pistons, Scat forged 3.75 internally balanced.
6" Scat H beam rods. ARF 210 comp elm. heads with some work done to them. Lunati 60134 cam and Lunati roller lifters, Crower rocker 1.6 ratio.
Super Victor Jr With some work done to it. 950 carb.
Turbo 350 trans manual valve body. Stall is a ATI 8" 4500 built for the car.
4.11 gears out back with 27 inch tall tires Mickeys 255 60 15s.
I have the TCI front end and the TCI 4 link just got the car back together this summer. Its a hand full! and I love i!. Going to take it to the strip next summer and see how she does.

#17 · (Edited)
I'm using the Horwards Horizontal Bar lifters in my 355 street motor with a Herbert solid roller, 245/255 .585/.600 on a 106 lsa. Just clicked over the 1500mile maker on a fresh rebuild. Pulled the lifters for a piece of mind check and everything looked and measured new. The original intent for the motor was a local 7.50 index class. I wanted to run 7.40's in the southern heat. Plans changed to the street with a 4 speed!

I decided on a rev kit to keep the lash at the valve tip and not between the rollers and cam. Along with a good stud girdle. This also allowed the use of lighter valve springs, 155 on the seat and 420 open.

The motor has a power band hit like a 2 stroke dirtbike! Pulls to 7K without issue. 4.10's and the 4 speed it is a handful. Al had his hands in the combo, literally! All be it a few years ago. Thanks Big!

Keilser 5 Speed and the Power Tour in 2013!:yes:

-Scott

#21 ·
Thanks bro for the education!

These are supposed to be the best of that type of lifter so I hope that's worth some piece of mind.
I will just take em out and check every so often and keep idle rpm >1000rpm on the street. What else can you do?!

#26 ·
There's more to just cutting the can off the filter when doing a filter inspection. Cut the filter media out and fold it up like a closed accordion then wrap it in a rag and squish all the oil out of it in a vise-the rag will catch the oil. Now when you open it up an look you'll be able to clearly see 75% more of the particles you didn't know were there. It was taught at Caterpillar for warranty claims and works good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.