Chevy Nova Forum banner

Hooker Headers 2451-1HKR

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  mg79 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
If the price is really good you may want to get them. I have had no real issues, but those are the downsides I have found. My starter is a no name unit and the headers have not caused it any problems. One that can be clocked with the solenoid closer to the block or on the bottom would eliminate any heat related problems. Performance wise they work well.

#5 ·
At the asking price, by the time I add in gaskets, bolts, collectors/reducers, a/c bracket, I'm nearly at the price of a new set. Waiting to hear back from the seller to see if he'll reduce the price. I have to balance whether the slight performance gain I expect from headers is worth the effort. I'm in no rush to decide since my stock exhaust is in decent shape.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Mike

#6 ·
I ran flowtech headers by holley on my old 305 they lasted for years. I would use them again. You can change all plugs. I think I paid $100-110 for a set new with gaskets, bolts, and collectors

#12 ·
Jeg's Header/Exhaust Install

Oh yeah, I'm done LOL. I finished disassembly a couple of hours ago. It went pretty smoothly, final step today was getting the a/c compressor out of the way and removing the exhaust manifold. It will be awhile before the new exhaust goes in. Now that I have some more working room, I really need to clean up the block, locate a messy oil leak and do some other things that I've been putting off. Although the Jeg's kit looks pretty decent, the headers both have some scratches so I need to repaint them. Can I paint over the existing paint or should I remove it?

With the holidays, my goal is to have it back on the road by the end of the month.

Thanks,
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.