Chevy Nova Forum banner

1962 Grill

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  jolietjake 
#1 ·
Does anyone sell a new 1962 grill for the nova. Our's is beyond repair I think.

Looking for one that fit's nice.

Thanks
joe

#4 ·
They are not reproduced, although some places have had them in their catalogs for 3 years. If you hold out, they could pop up, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Be prepared to have pretty deep pockets if you find an NOS 62 grille, they are way high in price.

Otherwise, keep looking for a good used one to restore, I'm driving 8 hours tonight to pick one up for my 62, hope it's as good as was listed to be.

#8 ·
Be patient young padawan, I've been searching Ebay, Craigs list etc... for 3 years to find one at a decent price. Have seen NOS for $750+ but at this point am still unwilling to pay that much with hopes of an under $200 repro coming!!!

I did talk to Bumper Boys out of CA at our local swap meet a couple weeks ago. They mentioned that they had a 62 grille (chrome plated) at their CA location. Might want to contact them. (a chrome plated grille wouldn't fit my cars theme.) But it was reasonably priced.

#10 ·
62 grille

Classic Industries sells reproduction grilles for your 62, as well as all models up to 78. Not cheap though...$199.95. They are getting a lot more stuff for the 1st Gen Nova's now. Check them out, as they have a full color catalog for all Nova's which runs $8.95
Paul-654door

#14 ·
Worth every penney. One tiny little dent that you can hardly see, and one horizontal slightly bent (I already bent it back). Partially coated in silver paint, which gave it the look of the anodizing coming off. But very nice underneath.

#17 ·
Sorry don't mean to hijack but does anyone make 63 grills?

I have one hanging on the wall that is in pretty good shape that I found on Ebay a year os so ago for a decent price ($120) but it needs a little work. It has a couple small dings, needs a good polishing but If I can find one done I would let this one go and get one that's ready cause my time has been at a premium lately...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.