Chevy Nova Forum banner

Hydraulic Clutch Master Mounting Question

5K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Martin71RS 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to fabricate a mount for my hydraulic clutch master cylinder to the firewall of my 62 Nova. From photos I have seen, the master is tipped downward so that the clutch pedal connecting rod is in alignment with the master cylinder. It looks like the master is angled downward about 30 degrees or so. Does anyone here know what the proper angle is? Anyone have a mount they could measure? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ron

#5 ·
Thanks for the offer John. I think it will be made from something a little heavier. I might try and mill something out of aluminum. I have to pull out my old brake pedal and test fit the new pedals first. Then take some measurements. We'll see how it goes.
Ron

PS have you tried out that brake on anything useful? I gave it a try with an 18" section of 16 gauge....seemed to work OK. Seemed like it needed to be bolted down to a bench to work better.

#10 ·
this is the Camaro '98-'02(?) style master... it will work with power brakes. i've seen a few members use this style but to be honest in all the time i've been collecting images/info... i've yet to see/hear of a road-tested, tried & true report on it... i'm sure it works fine but the specifics, the ins & outs of the installation... i haven't heard... looks like minimal bracketing is needed...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.