Chevy Nova Forum banner

Arizona owners, lunch gathering planned

23K views 309 replies 27 participants last post by  67rsss6spd 
#1 · (Edited)
Saturday 11 am January 21st there will be a gathering of Nova and Camaro owners for lunch. Would love to fill the parking lot with some nice cars.

Culvers
1909 S Country Club Dr
Mesa, AZ 85210

MAP
Dave (Knuckle Dragger) and myself will be there with our Novas. If you will be heading up from the Tucson area we could drive up I10 together.

#217 ·
How far do you want to drive? I can do 400 miles in a day. This time of the year any destination in the mountains the weather needs to be checked to avoid snow. Show Low has gotten snow storms as early as Halloween and as late as May (lived up there for 20 years).
I could possibly go the weekend of 20th, but after that not until 11/17. The car needs washed, but the tank is full.

#223 ·
Rich, seriously quit screwing around with that slushbox 4L60e buy my 80. Or find a T56 to trade me.

I've still got the pizza-cutters and ET Streets on, and have a bit of a vibe problem above 65 (which I'm pretty sure is the rear), but I'm pretty sure I am fairly wide open for the rest of the year after this weekend. For the Phoenix guys, I think a Tortilla Flat run would be cool, and the restaurant up there is pretty good. I also think a run up to Prescott or Payson would be pretty fun, but Havasu might be pushing it for a day trip. Tombstone/Bisbee would be a good one, too.

I couldn't make the cruise this past weekend on account of the twins. I'm seriously considering putting the seat belts back in in the back so I can put the car seats in and bring them along.

#224 · (Edited)
Ive been trying to get a price from ya for the 80, i just dropped 775 on a built th400, im done with the 60. just gotta swap it now. I put the magnetic reluctor on it now i just need to get the speed sensor so i can keep my cruise control and electric speedo..

Get me a price on yours and i might sell my 400 and 4l60 and buy yours...

Also, i always rock 2 baby seats in my back seat...

#229 ·
Yeah speedworld is way more than just a drag strip, They are a little bit of everything now..

I hear Firebird is going under due to the lease being up with the tribe and the tribe wants way more money, but things change every day i guess.

Isnt there some super expensive track up in Sedona?

#232 ·
From what I've read on a boating site, the only thing "out" at Firebird is Charlie Allen, the leaseholder for the dragstip, lake and offroad track. Bob Bondurant has his own lease for the road course. Word is NHRA will run the dragstrip and Lucas OIl will run the lake and offroad track. The Lucas deal is for 7 years and the NHRA deal is believed to also be for 7 years. This comes from the race director of a circle boat racing organization.

Charlie Allen's lease expires in may.

#233 ·
Well my Hooptie is back on the road, I put a TH400 in place of the hunk of junk 4L60E.

Funny i installed it and it shifted weird, no reverse, wouldnt hold gears and had a whine in first...

This is a rebuild trans....

The trans shop took my car and fixed it and made it right as rain. The builder of this trans was let go. there was 4 different things internally installed wrong.

So im beating the streets and with these 2.56 gears im ready for a nova Cruise.

#241 ·
12-1 & 2 -- my work week-end -- can't make that one. but you guys keep me in th' loop for other times because I sure would like to meet all of you down the road. INFO : I'm only on site when I'm in Chino Valley ( I work friday 12-31st- - till tues. 1-- 4-- 13....... usally work 5 days / off for 5 days....... witch means I have to work two week-ends and then off for two week-ends .
I'm willing to go ( almost ) anywhere - north or south----- let me know, thanks

jim
( no computor in Bagdad-- only in Chino)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.