Chevy Nova Forum banner

Arizona owners, lunch gathering planned

23K views 309 replies 27 participants last post by  67rsss6spd 
#1 · (Edited)
Saturday 11 am January 21st there will be a gathering of Nova and Camaro owners for lunch. Would love to fill the parking lot with some nice cars.

Culvers
1909 S Country Club Dr
Mesa, AZ 85210

MAP
Dave (Knuckle Dragger) and myself will be there with our Novas. If you will be heading up from the Tucson area we could drive up I10 together.

#251 ·
well OK then---- it might best to skip Dec. , and make like Rich74 says to give it a month ahead in planning----- plus with the holidays and all . so I'll say my work schedule for Jan. week-end off days should be--- Jan = FRI 4th = SAT 5th = SUN 6th , or the next week-end--- Jan = FRI 11th = SAT 12th = SUN 13th

FEB = 1 =2 =3 ===== or = FEB = 8 = 9 = 10 .... days OFF

once we get together we can make plans for monthly or bi monthly meets. I also think a full day needs to be considered so people can arrive and/or leave when needed-------- some live father away than others. you can come and go as you

please , some may want to attend the local events and leave their marks, some not....

thanks for letting me in on the fun and this is not cast in stone =
" I'm just saying" . throwing somethin' out - there

:yes:
jim

#253 ·
Hi Philip---

just throwing something out there--- besides after the new year , I can burn a vacation day for the meet & greet ( had to last time, with you and the Flyer). Doing that makes it hard to be back to work the next work day, but could be done--- just have to leave sooner.

Saturday is by far the best, and if we get the schedule going then some can make it this time and they know what times for the next meeting. :yes:----------------K I S S

we need input from others as well--------- Saturday, the day of choice, now the date----- some local guys need to pick the spot ( I don't do Phx that well = as far as which meeting area is better than another = I'm going to plan for an all day'r, and at this time I don't know if Diana is in or not==== how's 'bout bring Mary ?

jim

#254 ·
REBOB----- Rick jump in here-------- I want to see that CAR of yours

Chuck D , Casey , RICH74 , Dave------- ?

#259 ·
wow------ Philip------ y'r picture is good------- you age well....

maybe we can pick --- like the 1st sat. of each month ( or 2nd - 3rd ), and that would be the set day to meet- (that's how we do our local cruise-night during the summer months...... 1st friday each month for Chino Valley.... 2nd sat for prescott cruise-night). sometimes I can make maybe 3-4 then have to work, then make a meet later on. I'm just putting things out there----- somebody come - up with somethin' else--- and I'll follow the crowd---
if we get a good turn-out , all is good and if not------- that's good

LET's DO IT:D

jim

#267 ·
See if it does it while on neutral or park but at the RPM's equivalent to 60 MPH, and it makes the sound, does it change with RPM changes?....and. If not, then it is probably drive train related. Being that is at 60 MPH, do you think it could be tire balancing?!?! :D

GerryLP:cool:

#282 ·
Sorry, I'm going to hold onto it. Race season I'll be running the 80 with a 4K stall and switch out to the t56 in the summer.

Spotted you in the nova on washington Monday around 11 ish,car sounded good going by.

Next free weekend for me is January 5th.

#276 ·
In the process of moving right now, but I'm way into doing a cruise/get-together next weekend. Rich, I had no idea you were over on the east side now! San Tan is like a stone's throw from my buddy's place (where I used to live).

Let's get something solidified now. Chandler? 'Copa? Casa Grande? And which day works best for everyone? Lilly works Saturdays, and I don't have permission to take the twins in the Nova yet, so I'm leaning toward Sunday the 23rd (unless her parents can watch them for a while).

#281 · (Edited)
I say we cruise because of the Buick. and since right now it's only 4, we can all pack in her. :yes: My vote is In N Out near Chandler mall, but I'm game for anywhere.

FYI, Local Motors (of Rally Fighter fame) hosts an open house one Saturday a month, and usually does something on the second Tuesday as well. I say we do that sometime. If you guys haven't been, they are an awesome establishment and great car guys. I did a ride-along in their rally fighter on their course a few months back, and it is a seriously awesome time.

#285 ·
#284 · (Edited)
Damn. Though that's probably for the better, since I still have a couple other projects I need to finish.

I lent my driver to the fiancee's cousin, since the car she bought from us chucked a wheel bearing. So I've had the pleasure of driving the Nova every day this week (I work at 34th and Washington).

Edit: FYI, next Local Motors open house is Jan 12 at noon.

#287 ·
Really SAD to read, and end of an era................:(

jim

#294 ·
FYI I'm changing to shorter front wheel studs on the front for the new wheels. It'll look funny, but they beat the skinnies I have on there. If I can tear away for the cruise next weekend, I'll definitely be in. Sadly, Lilly usually works Saturdays, so I watch the boys.

Also, my dad is in town this weekend, and I'm planning to take him to Local Motors' open house Saturday at noon. If there's interest, I propose we meet up nearby beforehand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.