Chevy Nova Forum banner

BB heater core in a SB housing

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  sbc1320 
#1 ·
Anyone know if you can put a big block heater core into a small block housing or whats involved? I deleted the AC on my car and want to run a big block heater core. If anyone knows of a thread where someone posted pics of this done already please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help!

#7 · (Edited)
They make a cover to convert an AC car to a non-AC car. Kind of expensive for the part, but it allows you to do it without welding up the hole.

Camaro custom Air Conditioning cut-out heater delete cover. Cover is for factory equipped cars with Air Conditioning. Eliminates the factory firewall evaporator box, offering a clean under hood look while sealing the firewall, allowing a completely functional heater system. Your existing stock AC underdash heater box, heater core, defroster and control are retained for fully functional heater and defroster. OE quality die-molded fiberglass with heavy pre-finished black gel-coat. Made in the USA!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-1968-1...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35bbc7b7c5&vxp=mtr

#8 ·
I did it on my 4th gen, same exact thing though. I chose not to buy a kit and do it myself.J

Just grabbed a hole saw slightly larger than the heater hose, drilled my holes based of measuring the heater core tubes and looking at bbc cover photos.

To fill the old holes I took the factory foam/rubber "gasket" piece, took expanding spray foam and filled the holes, waited for it to dry, shave flat and painted black! works perfectly!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.