Chevy Nova Forum banner

Dash Cluster

4K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  shinyside 
#1 ·
So I'm thinking of doing something to my speedo/cluster/gauges...i have seen the digital units (not my thing)....like the old school...saying that what have people here done...I've seen the classic dash units...some say they are not that well built...or should one just do a gauge billit within the cluster using original components

#17 ·
Dennis, it's a short story

The gauges are Summit Racing brand. They are all electric, so I had to add a sensor at the tranny. I still have to adjust it for speed, seems it reads 40 when I'm doing 25. It's easy to do I just have to remember to have the instructions in the car and go to a speedometer check route.
Then there's the rest of the story. All of the gauges came with a matt gray bezel except the Speedometer. I scratched my head for a few days, talked to Summit and all that was available was what I had. So I got out the masking tape, scotch-brite and the spray gun and painted the bezels to match the exterior color of the car. 2012 Ford Blue Flame with a few drops of Pearl.
Wiring the panel was relatively easy.

#21 ·
The Performance Vehicle Works dash might be a little pricey but well worth it for a hand built piece. I absolutely love mine! when compared to the steel DSE Camaro dash, which is stamped, it is a great deal. However we Nova guys are always looking for a deal :).

The great thing about the PVW dash is the options for your setup. I am running a 5" Speedo and Tach and 4 2 5/8" with an a/c outlet and stock heater/air controls

#22 ·
I hear ya on keeping it kinda Old Schoo. l had bought the dash cluster with all the round gauges off of E-bay for a little over $500.00 and then decided i just did'nt want to go that route. And i don't really care for the look of the digital clusters so i just did what i thought was a very cheap and different look and bought the white face gauge overlays for only $19.00 from whitefacegauges.com. I had a spare gauge cluster so if i did'nt like it i could easily change it back. With me being a graphic designer and having access to a thermal printer i am actually in the process now of making my own custom gauge overlays that i think will look really trick! But for now heres mine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.