Body/Exterior: STOCK

Front End: STOCK

Transmission: MUNCIE FOUR SPEED

Rear End: STOCK 12 BOLT 3:55 POSI

Exhaust: DUAL

Wheels/Tires: FACTORY RALLY WHEEL WITH DERBY CAPS RADIAL TIRES

Interior: STOCK BLACK BUCKET SEAT INTERIOR

Electrical: STOCK

Accessories/Options: IN DASH TACH-CONSOLE WITH GAUGES-SOFTRAY GLASS-AM 8-TRACK WITH 4 SPEAKERS-FRONT AND REAR BUMPER GUARDS

Sound system: AM-FM 8 TRACK
Additional Comments: PURCHASED THIS CAR A FEW YEARS BACK FROM SECOND OWNER SHE HAD THE 396 REMOVED AND TRADED 396 & LABOR FOR
THE SMALL BLOCK AND INSTALL THAT IS IN IT KNOW. SHE LOST TRACK OF
THE ORIGINAL 396!! SHE FOUND A PERIOD CORRECT 396 TO REPALCE THE
LOST MOTOR THIS CAME THE CAR WHEN I PURCHASED IT. THIS CAR BARE
BONES ON THE EXTERIOR, PRETTY FANCY ON THE INSIDE SHE ALSO UPGRADED THE 4 GEAR SHIFTER AND LINKAGE TO A HURST SETUP.
CHECK OUT THE WOOD GRAIN INSERT AT THE BOTTOM OF DASH BEZEL.
THIS SHOULD A GOOD PROJECT FOR MY SON AND I TO RESTORE

See less See more
#11 ·
the fuel line is 3/8" with no return line. I have had the car a few years still
searching for the broadcast sheet. this car has some strange options no
exterior trim and yet bumper guards I wish had the original big block!!
Guess ya can't have EVERYTHING!!! That is a seriously cool ride tho, great color and love the interior. That radio and the speakers are neat too...

Definitely need to put the SS 5 spoke wheels on that puppy or maybe some dog dishers... :yes:

great car man, cant wait to see what you do with it.

Andy

#12 ·
Thanks!!

It will be my sons car he will be turning years 9 old at the end of Dec. he is already a big nova freak!! I do like the dog dish caps I have them on my
63 hardtop. luckily they are easier to locate than first gen caps and less $$
it is a pretty solid car some rust in both quarters mint floors and trunk.
not sure if he will be ready for a big block we will have to wait and see:devil:

#18 ·
Daily driver

the gal that I purchased the nova from became second owner in 1974 she drove this car is a daily driver roughly 60 miles per day. she said the big
block was killing her on gas so she had it swapped out. someone got a
sweet deal. the car still retains it's born with rear end, trans and bellhousing,
and original alternator go figure

#19 ·
70 BB Nova

Very cool...looks like a high horse version...the 3/8 fuel line and the tach appears to be the 6k version...

I see the cowl tag is October..early build..

***note the metal t-clips holding the radiator flap..most 70's have the plastic buttons on the BB cars...perhaps this about the time the transistion took place??

what is the code on the axle tube??

good luck with this...wilma

#22 ·
70 Nova..

letter code CBT. not a real 3rd gen. guy yet but it is groing on me I could
not pass it up $6500.00
CBT is the code for 3.55 posi rear axle....this was the default axle for all L78 applications...and the steepest gear you get as an RPO for a 1970 Nova.

Looks like you have an BB car....a search for the factory motor is worth the effort if possible...otherwise a date coded 854 block and components are not that hard to find...good luck.

wilma

#21 ·
70 Nova

Great find! I found a 70 hugger orange BB Nova project in Wisconsin a few years ago. After a couple months of investigation and alot of phone calls I ended up finding the original engine so there is always a chance if you choose to go that way. Mine has the same stereo and speakers as yours which I thought was kind of rare for a BB car. Does yours have a m21?

#23 ·
SHE FOUND A PERIOD CORRECT 396 TO REPALCE THE
LOST MOTOR THIS CAME THE CAR WHEN I PURCHASED IT.
CBT is the code for 3.55 posi rear axle....this was the default axle for all L78 applications...and the steepest gear you get as an RPO for a 1970 Nova.

Looks like you have an BB car....a search for the factory motor is worth the effort if possible...otherwise a date coded 854 block and components are not that hard to find...good luck.

wilma
Looks like one came with the car.:yes:

#24 ·
CBT rear..

Check the assembly date next to the CBT code...should pre-date the cowl date on the car...you can also get the casting date off the center section...that date will precede the assembly date.

tranny stampings are on the passenger side..top edge of case...should have a stamp like this:
P0xxxB or A

P=Muncie
0=1970
x's =assembly date
B=M21 A=M20

partial VIN should be there also..like this:

10Wxxxxxx

wilma

1=Chevrolet
0= 1970
W=willow run
x's= last 6 of VIN

#26 ·
I have an 854 block, J 10 9 casting, CKO 10/16/ stamped on the front pad with no vin # stamped there. It actually is a 70 Camaro motor as the vin # is stamped down by the oil filter. It is rebuilt and ready to go with matching I 28 291 heads and correct intake manifold. If any interest PM me. Would be perfect for a 10C car.

Thanks,
Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.