Chevy Nova Forum banner

63 gas pedal

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  onebadtwo 
#1 ·
Is anyone at a point in their interior repair where they could snap me a pic or two of the studs/pivots the gas pedal attaches to at the floor my car has nothing on the floor and no holes to be seen except higher (couple of inches) up on the way up to the firewall. Seems there may be a plate or something that attaches to the floor by these two holes and the studs attach to this missing plate. Am I wrong?

#5 ·
Here is a picture of how the throttle linkage connects to the gas pedal arm at the fire wall.

Here is another view of the throttle linkage.

Here is a view that shows the bushing for the gas pedal arm.

When you remove the two bolts that hold this bracket in place the gas pedal arm will come out. The gas pedal inself snaps onto the two posts on the floor and pushes on the pedal arm.

I hope this has been helpful.

:ragtop:

This post has been deleted
#4 · (Edited)
OH... Sorry. You said GAS PEDAL!!! It attaches to 2 little studs at the bottom of the floor pan right where the toe board turns up by the trans tunnel. Let me see if I have a pic...
Curtis

The 2 studs can be seen in this pic.

The lever portion goes through the 3 holes on the firewall (2 bolt holes and an oval shaped hole) in this pic.

Hopefully this helps!!!
Curtis

#6 ·
This is so strange I see no evidence of holes in my toeboard in that location for those not from in the car or from underneath. If they were filled up at some point it must have been a very long time ago based on the crud in this area on the underside of the toeboard and before I coated the floorboard inside it still had what I think was original paint on it. Is that area reinforced or can just drill the holes for the studs and mount them?

#7 ·
I think...
If you look at the area from under neath, there should be 2 square nuts that are (welded?) holding point for the ball's to bolt to.
If those are gone maybe the floor board has been replaced?

Can't get a picture yet but if no one comes through I can go down ad get a snap shot this weekend...

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.