Chevy Nova Forum banner

Another new guy from Az

3K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  dlove63 
#1 ·
Hello, I just recently bought a 63 Chevy II 300 Nova. I haven't had a project car for about 13 years. Back then I had a few Camaros and a 63 Chevy II post car. Back then I was more into just drag racing though.

My new project should be a lot of fun. It needs a ton of work but it is a fully drivable car. I pulled the bucket that were in the car out and put some seats out of a 02 Cavalier. (just until I can get the old seats redone.) Next month we are going to do a disc brake conversion, new front V8 springs and 2inch drop spindles, shocks and a complete rewire.

Soon after we will put in a new steering column, churchboys racing rear leaf springs also with a 2 inch drop and aluminum radiator. The radiator I have now is worn out.

Then I will be out of money for a bit! I want to make this a very drivable car that is fast and pretty reliable. It has a mildly built 350 and TH350 trans. Still has the stock rearend. Slowly but surely we will do cosmetic stuff. It will be primer before too long. This paint is horid! Can't wait to do a stereo system too.

Anyways, I look forward to learning from the folks here. You folks have already been a big help to me!

Here is a link to some pics my wife took.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/cinnamonsnow/page14/

See less See more
#11 ·
Thanks for all the kind words. We were working on the car for the last three days. We got a lot accomplished. I am pooped! I will take some pics. We got the "new" seats mounted. We got all the mirrors in. And we did a bunch or primering with the rust killer paint. Put a couple of kill switches and a push button starter. I am sure glad we were already planning to rewire this car. It is a nightmare under the dash. Not to mention the heater fan assembly was held in by bailing wire. Sheesh! :eek:

#18 ·
Nice looking ride! I'd like to hear more about the Cavalier seat install (I think my interior is original!)
In the last two photos, did your dog come with a hood scoop or is that a mod?:eek:
The seats were pretty easy. We took 4 inch steel plates and placed them at each corner about and below the floor. We used c-clips to make the "studs" so they will be easy to remove and reinstall the seats. We temporarily used fender washer and shims to level the seats. These will be replaced by aluminum blocks soon. I paid $28 total for both seats at a junk yard. They adjust almost to the point where you can't get in the car due to the steering wheel being so close, all the way back to the rear seat. (about 5 inches from touching the back seat) They are comfortable and feel very secure. I will redo the "original" buckets and rear bench when I can afford to do them right. Once I upload the pics I can show you the donor car for the seats and a few more pics from my phone.

As for the dog, poor guy had his cajones removed. He had to wear the collar for 7 days. We have four dogs (I used to be a dog trainer lol) and two cats. It isn't easy having to malinois in the same house. It was terrible when my female went into heat. My boy was INSANE. He used to escape from his kennel run. He chewed through chain link. He has went through the back window. And the last time he got so worked up his prostate became enlarged. So we had to get him fixed. It is too bad, his blood lines are awesome.

You will have to excuse the high volume of pictures on the flickr page. My wife loves her camera. :)

#17 ·
Welcome to SNS...
another AZ nova guys----:yes:---- :welcome:

jim

#19 ·
Welcome. Been on this site for about two years. As others have said I've found no better place for Nova information. I'm in Glendale and regularly go to Chilly Bombers and Kmart Friday and Saturday nights in my 79. I've seen rebob's great car there. Maybe our paths will cross too.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.