Chevy Nova Forum banner

mooneyes xmas party 2012

5K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  nova64000 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I went last year and it was packed. You need to get there really early. If you run your car you need to pre register and go in the side gate so you don't wait in line. My wife got there about an hour after I did and barley got a parking spot. The entire parking area was full and the entire circle track was used for parking and got full. People were parked on arrow hwy all the way on the other side of the 605 fwy.:eek:

#5 ·
Been there done that.....gotta get there early early to get parked inside the Irwindale facility's main parking lot. Quite the collection of a variety of cars, and thousands of enthusiasts from all walks of life. Put this on your must-attend list of events to check out.....RK

#7 ·
Lately I haven't been able to run my car much at all. My kid is in freshman football and games are on thursdays. By the time I get to irwindale it 7pm. Im lucky to get two or three runs in. This thursday a nova blew his lower radiator hose off at the start and spilled coolant down the whole track. Not a good night. Hopefully I'll get more than two passes at mooneyes.

#8 ·
As I said, I have never made it to the Mooneyes show but heard you could make lots of runs. The problem has been finding a place to pit. :eek: Maybe we just have to pit in the staging lanes. :confused::turn:

#12 ·
Sent my check in this week, looking forward to finally making to this show! :yes::yes: I plan to some serious TnT, gotta do what I can to stay faster than you Joe. :D Wait you already are faster than me. :eek:

#21 ·
I had not seen your post, thanks for the headsup. I should be getting it in the mail any day. :D I need to get it in gear and order some more pics from your site, just have to make time to do it. :yes:

#28 ·
We spent the evening at the track, helping the Mooneyes crew with their new 1963 race wagon project. A wounded engine sidelined the festivities, but Chico warned us that it will be a ZOO, in the morning, and that they plan to open gates at five, to help try to quell the freeway back up problems. Be prepared to wait. Bob- look me up when you get there. I'll have the host Lazy Daze RV up at the top of AFX row, if you need a break from the sun... To anyone else as well .

#29 ·
I will definitely look for ya Dale. Talked to Joe and he said coming from Myrtle, I should be able to bypass the main gate and go to the racers gate.
Will any of the race cars go thru tech today?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.