Chevy Nova Forum banner

Michigan group?

8K views 50 replies 27 participants last post by  Wogs64SS 
#1 ·
I seem to have read that there is currently no active Michigan Nova Club even though at least a couple have been started and folded. I'm not a good candidate to start one, since I'm just beginning to get the Nova fever and don't even own a classic car of any type, nor have I ever owned one before. However, I do think I could gain a ton of information if I could get with such owners and hang out and learn from their collective wisdom. Having said all that, does anybody out there know of any other group with lots of Nova owners in the Southeastern Michigan/Northwestern Ohio area? I have seen a fair number of Novas at various car shows (Such as the Woodward Dream Cruise) so I tend to think there must be some sort of gathering of like minds somewhere in the area.

#8 ·
The Metro Detroit Chapter of National Nostalgic Nova folded up several years ago due to lack of interest and I was the vice-pres. when it folded. Currently I am unemployed with no benefits and once I can gain employment I would like to look into restarting that chapter. When a few of you guys were talking on here about Woodward, I asked that you let me know what you were doing and no one did. I hope it wasn't cause I have a 4th gen car.

#14 ·
1972nova fever I received your pm didn't know that and a friend of mine even just told me the same thing. Checked out your albums of your car is that a factory color or just how you wanted it painted either way I like it alot. I am willing to cruise with any one from this site as well.

Lemonhead what about the Berger show is that near you??? A friend of mine and I wanted to go with my Nova and his 4th gen Camaro but I couldn't afford to go this has been a rough year for me money wise.

#21 ·
1972nova fever I received your pm didn't know that and a friend of mine even just told me the same thing. Checked out your albums of your car is that a factory color or just how you wanted it painted either way I like it alot. I am willing to cruise with any one from this site as well.

It is repainted but it is factory color.And a true rally nova..Thanks for the complament.

#20 ·
Merry Christmas everyone,was a member of the Detroit chapter till 99.Now live in Clio north of Flint,we have some great cruises around the area plus some great shows, Back to the Bricks(Aug.)Frankenmuth (Sept.).Getting ready for some more snow,only 4-5 months right.

#24 ·
Great to see there are a few Nova pep's out there in Michigan. I'm in the Bay City area and don't see to many Nova's at the local show's. Especially 1st & 2nd gen's no offense to the other's :D I'm in the process of a ground up resto on my 65 right now. Just finished the mini tub :eek: lot's O work!!

#25 ·
70l34 that's not to far

1972novafever you are welcome awesome car!

ScottR, chipman1 and Bowtie972 do any of you know a guy who sells parts in Vassar named Bud???

ScottR no offense taken by me.

xtechx what shows are by you for us to keep in mind??

55for65 I will do my best if I travel that way.

#27 ·
Currently live in saginaw township, but I make it over to the thumb where my parents live and the 78 is stored quite a bit and I'm also down in the flint/royal oak/Troy areas every once in a while to see my friends from school.

#29 ·
Chipman: Ive lived in Vassar about 3 years now, originally from Bay City - Essexville area... Im very impressed with Vassars show. They have a ton of cars show up. Ill have to look you up in 13'.

Novabjovi: I havent lived here that long, not familiar with him. He just sell nova parts? or others too? My wifes originally from here, ill ask her and my father in law about him.

#30 ·
Port Huron here. I'll try to catch whatever I can if something starts to roll. Can't promise much though......little league coach/board member, daughter's in volleyball, etc etc. But now that the car is on the road, I'll be able to catch some cruises/shows this coming summer.

#33 · (Edited)
New Baltimore here, half way between Detroit and Port Huron. I have a cottage in Lexington (just north of Port Huron) I'm up there a lot in the summer. Maybe I will run into 66 BadBoy....at Cheap Charlies!....:) I'm going to the Monroe Swap Meet in April if anybody is interested, its pretty big.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.