Chevy Nova Forum banner

Lets hear your Ls Nova Exhaust!

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  voodeuce 
#1 ·
Hey all, I had my niece take a quick video of my car quickly revving, Im just curious is anyone else has a video of their car at idle and revving to compare.

I have a 5.3 carbureted motor. t56, ls3 flywheel, 2.5" custom tuning plenum x exhaust. delta 50 flowmasters (ultra quiet at idle) and hidden tailpipes.

Heres the link:

#7 · (Edited)
I was going to do some searching over at LS1tech on this subject but saw this thread. Wondering what the concensus is on pipe size. 2.5" from collectors out, or muffler out, 3" all the way?

I made my own long tube headers, with 30-36" tubes into 3 collectors. I can't run an X-pipe but can fit a H pipe about 10-12 inches behind the collectors and then run to dual mufflers, driveshaft loop and stance get in the way of an X-pipe. Also want to run exhaust all the way to the rear lower quarters and dump down, for the nice sleeper look.

Any advice on pipe size muffler selection for the quiet sound. 00 LS1/4L60e, Comp XR281HR/112LS 918 springs, LS6 intake, Fuddle 3200 TC, March underdrive dampner, 1 3/4 longtube headers,

#9 ·
I guess it depends on how much power your pushing out of your motor, but typically anything under 450 hp you don't need bigger than 2.5 inch unless you want it louder. I went mandrel bent from the collector all the way out the rear quarter panel to get the sleeper look. Mufflers have a play in the loudness too, I have one of the quietest muffler you could probably buy, but when I rev it or get on it, it sounds super good. Hope this helps..

#10 ·
LS Exhaust

They all sounds so good! Especially to me as I am just a few months away from hearing my 5.3 run for the first time!

Vooduece and BKHotrod what engines/exhausts are you guys running?! As soon as I heard those clips an evil smile started to form on my face in hopes of a very similar exhaust note. :devil:

BTW, beautiful car BK, love the look and attention to underhood detail!

Thanks!

#11 ·
They all sounds so good! Especially to me as I am just a few months away from hearing my 5.3 run for the first time!

Vooduece and BKHotrod what engines/exhausts are you guys running?! As soon as I heard those clips an evil smile started to form on my face in hopes of a very similar exhaust note. :devil:

BTW, beautiful car BK, love the look and attention to underhood detail!

Thanks!
thanks, its a lq9 6.0 stock 317 heads , texas speed torquer 2 cam and springs, church boys mid length headers, 3 inch x pipe, flowmaster delta force mufflers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.