Chevy Nova Forum banner

65 Nova SS dash pad

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  cb36t 
#1 ·
Is there any difference between the 64 and 65 dash pad?

#7 ·
if i'm not mistaken ALL the 1st gen dash pads had an inner structure that assists in attaching it to the dash... the reproduction units do not have these pieces...

here's a picture of the structural pieces that are molded inside the pad... i removed them from an old unit for the visual assistance for others...

#9 ·
Kemmoschwabie is almost right:devil: Although he usually right about most things on these cars....they fit kinda like the original pads. At least thats how mine is. If you have an old original one that is suitable to be recovered, you will be much happier with it. If I would have known this, i would have had my original recovered. I still will have it done in the future.

#13 ·
i had a Perfect one for the Flyer, slightly discolored but perfect... of course what do i know i offed it because i had to have a Neeeew one. pos! it was slightly bowed upwards and there was n way to hold it down that 1/4" i called the supplier and was told to use a contractors cement (liquid nails) or Velcro to hold it down... that that was standard operating procedure... sounded to Mickey-Mouse to me

i sold the repro pad and the Flyer now has none...

i have 2 old crappy broken pads that i'm told our upholstery guy can work miracles with so i'll have one for the Moordoor and later down the line i can get the Flyer's pad done...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.