Chevy Nova Forum banner

No response bidder---what do I do?

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Carl Stevenson 
#1 ·
I have an auction that ended last Sunday evening. No big deal, I think it was 62 bucks. Send the invoice, have sent 3 emails, no response. Do I give him a negative? My auction says payment must be sent within 5 days. I am very willing to extend that, but he's not even contacting me. I am not real interested in giving him a negative, just in case there is a good reason he has been silent (some type of emergency or something)

Link to the auction if you care....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&satitle=190053740707&fvi=1&item=190053740707

#5 ·
Hello

Don't send negitive as of yet. Sends and unpaid iten report to Ebay. See if he then responds to the request.

If you give the 2nd high bidder the sale then wait 29 days after sale then give original buyer the negitive. I think after 30 days he cannot leave a negitive to you. I see that he has left negative to sellers that have left negitives on him. Protect yourself and wait 30 days.

Check Ebays feedback policy to see how many days you have to leave feedback...

#9 ·
This is only partially true.

On the 7th or 8th day after the auction you can file a non paying bidder claim with eBay. Most people will respond to that and pay. If after 7 more days he does not respond still eBay will let you close the dispute giving him a negative mark. eBay will also refund whatever your fees were for the item. You can then leave negative feedback and eBay WILL NOT LET HIM LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR YOU.

#6 ·
Carl,
Looks like he has an active auction going for a 66 Pontiac Lemans. Try asking him about payment for your auction through his. At least you'll know he looked at your question and might respond. No doubt he should have contacted you by now, but people seem to be real lazy anymore unless it's something they're trying to sell! Also, it might take more than 5 days for snail mail to get to Canada but a little communication from him would have been nice! Just my .02 cents worth from previous experiences dealing with ebay.....Scot

#7 ·
Carl, I'd give him a little more time. A week isn't much ya never know what might have happened and it could all be an honest delay.

To many people are way to quick to throw out the negatives. And you have plenty of time to do so if necessary.

Ebay wont let you ask for a refund on the fees for 30 days so if you go and re-list and then the guy pays for it you'll be kinda stuck.

Just don't go getting into the Quick negative and relist frenzy. Give him a little bit of leeway, think of how it would be if the shoe was on the other foot, so to speak.

#10 ·
Wow, thanks a bunch for ALL the help guys! I really appreciate it. Here is where I am now---

I just sent him the 4th email, besides the invoice which I sent at the end of the auction.

I too, am not too keen on jumping out with a negative right away. I had no idea there is a chance to leave a negative at a later date, as well as the non paying bidder report. I am a bit green with ebay I guess. So far, it's been all good.

#13 ·
I sold an Auburn posi unit to an eBayer with 100% positive feedback and it took a month to get paid:mad: . I didn't want to ruin his good record but then when I really checked in to it he had feedback that he had paid for an item he won after mine. I didn't want to be an *** but he played me. BTW I did finally get paid and positive feedback.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.