Chevy Nova Forum banner

1972 SS Skyroof on EBAY

13K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  7T4-SOA 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It is a nice car, but, where is the skyroof?? You would think he would have a shot or two of the skyroof since he talks about it, and is assuming it to add value to the car because it is a rare option.

Randy (gonna hafta get one of them!);)

#3 ·
The ad has very little info about the car. And every little detail about the engine.
And some of the worst pictures I have ever seen. Cant even tell if it has buckets ?

If I were asking $19K for a car, I would have spent more time on my ad.

#5 ·
72GreenRally said:
It is a nice car, but, where is the skyroof?? You would think he would have a shot or two of the skyroof since he talks about it, and is assuming it to add value to the car because it is a rare option.

Randy (gonna hafta get one of them!);)
if i remember correctly, the sky roof was a sliding vinyl cover that sort of folded up on itself in multiple folds as it slid back. and the thing i remember most were the leaks in blowing rain and the rust issues.

#6 ·
sthole said:
if i remember correctly, the sky roof was a sliding vinyl cover that sort of folded up on itself in multiple folds as it slid back. and the thing i remember most were the leaks in blowing rain and the rust issues.
I know what a skyroof is, my question was about the ebay ad. They tells about how rare they are, says they were only available for one year, (actually was available for 2 model years) and lists all the RPO numbers for skyroofs, then he does not add a single picture of the sunroof that makes the car worth $19k.

Ironman, I don't think there were any landau tops available on any 3rd gen Novas. That was a 4th gen option.

Randy (didn't all sunroofs leak in the 70's??):rolleyes:

#7 ·
sthole said:
very prone to rust :-(

I currently have a 73 hatchabck parts car with tan skyroof (rusty ), and a slightly better complete roof cut off a 72 ( also tan ).

( that 72 was a 'wierd' car, too - brown,brown interior,tan skyroof WITHOUT a vinyl top - only one I've seen without a full vinyl top, also was a 250 ,powerglide, power steering,manual drum brakes, radio delete car... seems they spent the only option money on the Sky Roof option, definately unique.. unfortunately it was a fairly rusted Ny car that had an engine fire, so we saved what we could and moved on . )

anyone ever tried to add one to a non-original skyroof car ?

if I can deal witht he rust in the sliding mechanism itself, will have to try it sometime, lol .

~ AL

#8 ·
Green Dragon said:
very prone to rust :-(

I currently have a 73 hatchabck parts car with tan skyroof (rusty ), and a slightly better complete roof cut off a 72 ( also tan ).

anyone ever tried to add one to a non-original skyroof car ?

if I can deal witht he rust in the sliding mechanism itself, will have to try it sometime, lol .

~ AL
If I could ever find one at a reasonable price I would love to try it!

#10 ·
Green Dragon said:
~ AL
Mine is a 72 and I have no rust (except the lower rear quarters, from snow in Colorado)

But my skyroof only has the interior portion (headliner) of the skyroof, all the outer vinyl is long gone.
I figured I could have a appostery shop that does convertibles make it for me, but I need some detailed pictures. (maybe you could help me out?)
Also how does the outer vinyl attach to the roof ?

#11 ·
I too have a 72 with skyroof. Mine is also a true SS( vin k ). Probably one of the ugliest ones, It is supposed to be Orange with white vinyl top and black interior.It will be black with the white vinyl top when I am done. Anyway, it has been awhile since I took mine apart, if I remember correctly there is a few screws on top side at the rear of the roof that hold it on.

#14 ·
They look like the vinyl roof hit the garage door as you were driving in!:eek:

They are better for the occupants then viewers.

Not meant to be insulting,they just look odd,IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.