Chevy Nova Forum banner

1st gen 17" wheel fit...

6K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  MP63SS 
#1 ·
63 with CBR lower arm kit, 2" under springs, car has 15x6 with 4-1/4" b/s now..
Anyone use a 17x7 with a 4" b/s????
I've got the rear handled already, from what I've read, seems a lot of you guys are running a 4-1/2" b/s....
I'm having a hard time matching the torq thrust II wheels in the back...
eBay has TT 2's in a 4" b/s all day long.. ZERO 4-1/2" wheels

#5 ·
Unsure of brake setup, look to me like a OE spindle, with a new steering arms, ill need to ask the po if he knows!!!
Agreed on the price, but its a tuff one when you can find other offsets that are way cheaper, the gen 1 suspension strikes again I guess....

#6 ·
The other wheels are mass produced...that's why they are cheap...these are custom welded into the hoop....pull a wheel of and take a picture write down the number on the caliper
And post them on here...we can tell you what you have

#12 ·
I used Batmans connection on the custom torq thrust's. deff a good hookup!! Saved a bunch on them.. Now if I can only get the as fast as Bruce... It's been two weeks.. But I was told 4.. So time will tell...

Thanks again (Bruce) Very cool of you to pass on a deal like you did !

#22 ·
I went 205-50-17 for the front, and 215-55-17 for the rear...
215-60-17 is just a hair too big, it's only about a 1/4" away from the front of the rear fender lip...

#29 ·
They just barely touched the front fender lips, a little adjusting and it clears fine. I went with 4.75" BS...
My car sits really low, so I don't mind going to a smaller sidewall...

#36 ·
I knew they would've taller ! I needed to come up a bit as my oil pan was really low with the 195's.... It's just gonna take a little bit of getting used too. Honestly it's way better to drive with the extra height.. I now have 3-1/2" under my oil pan....that's at least an inch more than I had with the rally's...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.