Votes: 89 57.4%
  • no

Votes: 66 42.6%

Halo headlights

44K views 58 replies 47 participants last post by  sf_hippie 
#1 ·
See less See more
#41 ·
So the halo portion is a separate light that can be wired to come on with the parking lamps (or also by themselves from a separate switch)? Does that mean that the halo headlamp has a different connector setup on the back to accommodate an extra lead for the halos?

I put a relay system in my car that is rated for H4 lights. Then I ran the Bosch H4 headlights with replaceable H4 beams in them. They light up GREAT. But I'm kinda digging the looks of that halo ring, so what would I need to do to mine to get it to work? My H4 bulb connections are identical to the stock ones, so I'm guessing that the halo lamps have an extra terminal on them for the halo ring, right?

#44 ·
There is a guy on you tube that shows how to make your own halos using the stuff the company's use. He makes it look extremely easy and does it at a very cheap cost. You would be able to use the existing lights you have on your car too so it might be worth checking out. I dont have a link tho I just remember checking into it when I was going to put them in my R1.

#48 ·
Red Halos!

I vote YES, if you like the touch, do it! What ever sets it apart from the other nova at the car show. I have RED halos, I wired them in myself, along with the bright halogen lights. Halo's are on a seprate independent switch, so I can turn them on without the key being at the car if I want to get MEAN at the car Show...

Attachments

#50 ·
The Halo Headlights aren't meant to be a actual light. Just for like the description they are a halo around the headlight. Oracle have a couple different style of halo ring brightness's. But unfortunately you have to buy complete sealed beam from them as they modify the housing to use the halo.

If you are looking for a brighter headlight. HID kits are the way to go. Some people don't like especially if your on the other end. I'm always getting flashed as if my brights are on but there not. That's just how bright HIDs are. I run a hi/lo 12k kit in my 63 with a custom sealed beam.

#57 ·
Hey guys, I have some experience with LED headlights through the trucking industry. I would personally stay away from the cheaper LED headlights, you truly get what you pay for. LED’s require reflection to project and a headlight with cheap reflectors will not throw a great light and the reliability is not there. Then there are the lights full of LED’s... they can’t outperform a proper reflector with one single LED. The lowest quality I would run is a maxxima LED Headlight. They run like 150 each? The only thing I don’t like about them but others love is the Chrome look. I run trucklite led’s, I like the black housings. I’m just not a chrome guy. The maxxima’s have a slightly better beam. I’ve had a TL on my Harley for 5 years now without an issue, I have friends who have spent double that I did for one with a HD emblem that get no better light. I’ve had them on my girls jeep for 2 years now, one turned purple and TL warrantied it no problem, they new there was a batch of defective lights out there, driving it is night and day. I now have them on the nova and i couldn’t imagine going with a cheap light. For me, the projector style or halos just don’t look right on a classic. The MAXXIMA and TL just have a single bar horizontally to separate hi and lo. These cars don’t need a gimmick like Halos to gain attention, let the light compliment it, not distract from it. My 2 cents, apologies if I offended....

#59 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.