Chevy Nova Forum banner

My 63 Nova Painted 2008 Corvette Crystal Red Pearl

11K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  Ricky B 
#1 ·
I had Fields Auto Body in Corona paint my second classic car (they did my 69 Camaro as well). Came out awesome, 2008 Corvette Crystal Red Metallic Pearlcoat. Have new 17x7 4.5bs Billet Specialties FAST LANE rims to mount on this bad boy in a week or two when the Mitchelin 225/50R17 tires arrive from Tirerack. Check out the link for further pictures

http://63nova.nextmill.net/fieldsauto3/

See less See more
#9 ·
Thanks guys. Just got back from driving the Chevy II back to Texas. I should have some new pictures with the new rims and all the trim installed in a few days for you guys. Cost was $5,000 and included all body work, 2 coats of 2 part epoxy primer, 2 kits of truck bedliner installed in trunk, 1 gallon Crystal Red, 1 gallon Pearl, 1 gallon of the new PPG Deltron 4010 Clear which is their new top of the line clear, removing all trim, tearing car down (fenders, doors, trunk, hood, glass), new front windshield, install front/rear glass with new gaskets, install trim, paint jams, paint inside car, paint car, paint under hood/trunk lid, reinstall all trim, bumpers, grill, fenders, hood, trunklid, glass. I'm very pleased with the outcome, it came out great and the pictures are not doing it justice because its hard to capture with a camera what the paint is doing in the sunlight (pearl/metallic coat). I'm hoping my Canon 40D on a good day will do a better job.
If you live in southern calif I highly recommend checking out Fields Auto Body in Corona, they do fantastic work.

#21 ·
I love the color. When I read crystal red pearl all of a sudden PINK popped into my head. But nope, I was glad when I scrolled down there wasnt any pink :D

On a second note Im pissed!!! You got so much more for yer money than I can get out here. 5 grand did all that!!!???!!! You found an honest shop for sure.

I only wish I had that kind of service here. And sure, I could get a paint job for that. But if I even started talking about trim, or panel removal much less windshield replacement (and other glass work), detailed areas and the long laundry list you have I would be laughed out of the shop.

Im still looking for a decent shop. Im in Ventura, Ca. Anyone with a recommendation Im all ears!!!

Yer car looks very nice. Cant wait to see the BS wheels on. Im waiting for the UPS truck myself to drop off my BS wheels. JR

#24 ·
That Lava Red is pretty darn close to my car, looks great. This paint job is hard to capture as you know because its multiple shades based on how the light hits it.
Fields Auto Body did a great job, they also did my 69 Camaro before this (http://69camaro.nextmill.net) and they will do my 63 Vette when I get one.. hehe
Yes I drove it back from Corona to Texas, no paint chips, we used the top of the line PPG paints, top of the line epoxy, top of the line clearcoat, its all good stuff.

#25 ·
Fields Auto Body did a great job, they also did my 69 Camaro before this (http://69camaro.nextmill.net) and they will do my 63 Vette when I get one.. hehe
How did you find them? Corona is a LONG way from Texas!

The next time you're out here, you should start a thread in the Southwest section. The So Cal crew is always looking for an excuse to get together.

#26 ·
Hehe, I've been a long time family friend of the Fields family, grew up living in the same area as them and going to the same school.
Fields Auto Body has been in the auto body business longer than anyone else in Corona. They do a great job without charging
excessive fees. They have an older building on Grand Avenue, not some shiney big warehouse with 30 guys out back fixing cars
and a huge mortgage that has to be paid for each month.

Here is my Camaro they did the year before:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.