Chevy Nova Forum banner

Finally own a Nova!!!

3K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  leithal 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

My name's Jason. When I was 15 years old I mowed lawns in my neighborhood. One of my customers had A '63 Nova SS convertible. It was white with a white top and red interior. It was in perfect condition... She only wanted $2,000 but I didn't quite pull enough from lawn mowing and couldn't convince my dad that it was the perfect car for a 15 year old...
Fast forward to three weeks ago. I put together $10,000 to buy a commuter car for work... Well, one thing led to another and while my fiance was out of town, I started looking on Craig's list for cars I'd always wanted. There was an add for a turquoise '63 SS convertible The add only said that they love the car and that it needed TLC... $9,999 obo.
Well I just about pooped myself! They didn't post a phone number so I figured it was a hoax. I emailed anyway. The guy said he was selling it for the owner who now lived in Utah. It had been sitting in a storage unit for about two years. I headed out with a friends car trailer and met the seller. He didn't have a key for it and it obviously was going to need some work to get it running. After beating him up on the price and two phone calls to the owner, I loaded it on the trailer for $6,500!!!
It does need some TLC but I hooked up the almost new battery, noticed that all the ignition parts were new, dumped a little fuel down the carb and she fired! For giggles I hit the button for the electric top and the damn thing worked! I topped off all the fluids and took it for a spin to the gas station. It was AWESOME!! Had I been able to drive it like that when I looked at it I would've happily paid full price!
Anyway, Now there's one more issue. My fiance doesn't know about it and she was on her way home from a 12+ hour car ride. (and 7 months pregnant) She almost cried when she pulled up.... It was one of the best weekends I can remember!

See less See more
#6 ·
good looking car----- and it'll only get better----- as you'll learn more 'bout STEVE's----- best place to be----- :yes:

Welcome to the site-----------------------------:D-------- and more pictures ! !

jim

#14 ·
Hey thanks everyone! We are really excited to make this car ours! Ill get some more pics up tonight. I'm in the middle of a four wheel power disc brake conversion from the right stuff detailing. I also bought an S-10 rear axle. New front wheels should be in today and once I get the rear axle in, ill order the rear wheels.

#17 ·
Welcome, congrats, and great story! I did the same thing when I was that age, cut lawns, saved all my money, and that's how I bought my Nova and still have it today!

Looks like a sharp car! Congrats again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.