Chevy Nova Forum banner

'75-79 Weatherstripping

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  DPack77 
#1 ·
Does a kit exist with all the required door, trunk, and quarter window weatherstripping for a 4th gen? Any commonality with the 3rd gens?

All I've been able to find through the usual suspects are a la cart. In my case, I'm looking for a 2-door sedan, non-hatchback.

#8 ·
While I was visiting family in the Carolinas over the weekend, I decided to drive over to the Classic Muscle showroom in Winston-Salem. On the website I'd had some difficulty viewing the window pieces, and the initial guy on the phone wasn't too helpful.

So, after having spent 30 minutes or so in there, I gotta say, I was pretty impressed. It's a bigger place than I expected. They have a beautiful '72 Chevelle in the showroom, among a half-dozen crate engine displays.

At first, the reception didn't seem to warm, but after talking to the guys a little, they were very helpful. I was able to get all the pieces for my car (except the quarter windows). All but one was in stock.

I'd definitely recommend them to anyone shopping for OEM replacement stuff.

#3 ·
They have a great website, but when I called they didn't seem real eager to sell anything. Maybe I caught them on a bad day...

Only part I can't find through them is the quarter-window weatherstripping. Any good leads on those? Any recommendations as to Soffseal vs Metro Moulded?

#7 ·
DPAK77,

Once again I will post the information for you. Apparently, it was deleted last night or this morning..

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000132a~Z5Z5Z55507~P194.95~~~~S3N90KQOIS24245911032a~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000132A
Dan, I gotcha buddy. I think it was two separate threads. In one, I was asking about kit availability and the other I was asking if anybody had any "work-arounds" like JC Whitney generic stuff. Most of the OEM replacement stuff is all priced about the same.

-Doug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.