Chevy Nova Forum banner

1965 Nova Project

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  65novaken 
#1 ·
Just wanted to let the Northwestern crowd know that I will be starting a project re-doing our shop 65 Nova mid-November (after the GG's Pleasanton, CA show).

The project will include: Detroit Speed front & rear suspension, Wilwood brakes, LS motor swap, Tremec T56 transmission, Vintage Air, roll cage, new interior. I'll be starting a build thread, but wanted to put the invite out that if you are going to be in our area & would like to stop by and check it out, just give us a call. I will be doing the cage @ a buddy's chassis shop, so the car & I will not be there during that phase.

Walt

#3 ·
The suspension will be in transit from DSE to my shop over Thanksgiving. I'm anticipating it will arrive the following week.

As far as time frame: Drop dead debut date is 2013 Mini-Nats in Pleasanton, CA. I have to keep work moving through the shop to pay for the project, so not sure if I can get it done much sooner.

By all means if you are going to be down this way give me a call.

Walt

#9 ·
The DSE suspension is in the house!! Was actually here last week, but due to distractions haven't been on the site. Unpacked the front subframe and set it up on some jackstands just so I can look at it when I walk by. Very nice!! Once I get a couple of customer's cars finished and out I'll kick the project into gear. Going to have to be high gear to make sure I can have it ready for the 2013 Mini-Nats or Joe will be biting my a**!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.