Chevy Nova Forum banner

TRIM CLIPS, a challenge to the members.

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  LowKat 
#1 ·
i know this can be done... there are so many members here who are in the restoration/restification process that all of our year cars, '62-'67 can have the info needed to install the trim on our cars.

when someone removes their trim, can we document the trim for the different series and also the clips?

if quality images are POSTed i know that in time members can research the trim clippie companies and ID the clips with part numbers & qtys needed for re-installation. they can then POST their findings and again, in time, we all can have the complete trim ID and clippie ID/part numbers for our ChevyII's.

i believe i have an image of the '65 400series wagon side trim & clips but i'll have to try and see if it's saved somewhere after my last nuking episode..

i'm in need of all the trim clips for my '64 400 series Moordoor... i know others need info too. do you think us 1st/2nd genner officiandos can pull together and document this stuff?

Mods, could this be stickied for the possibility of collecting the info for future "Best of" saving?

Thanks all. ;)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
To ADD to this another good thing would be "CORRECT TRIM REMOVAL PROCEDURES" with whatever books or advice anyone has as not everyone has access to the same material
so that hunting for trim clips or damaged trim that may or may not even be available like 65 SS, could be minimized. I know from several years of autobody prep and detail work as young guy. I learned there are so many different tools and tricks to remove so very many different types of trim all on one model of car. If you can see the trim clip and how it holds on to the car before removal less "zero" damage is possible.
When in doubt don't just YANK IT OFF:eek:

#3 ·
Yes trim clips are a challenge Most it appears just eliminate them and I understand that but not everyone wants to do that When I got the 300 moredoor I was lucky and I believe had examples of all the clips I need in the trunk I believe I have sourced all the clips once I confirm that is the case I will update this thread with what I found with sources and part numbers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.