Chevy Nova Forum banner

Question regarding CBR web site

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  6T6NOVA 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I have been researching suspension items for my wagon and it seems the CBR stuff comes to the top of the list for many. Here's my question/comment for CBR.

Since I need to piece together things over time, I want to be able to get an idea of pricing and compatibility with stock parts (i.e. will the stock sway bar work with the new lower arms).

The website does not price items like the sway bar or rack steering as seperate items, only in a full kit. Can you guys update your site to break down item pricing so I know how much I need to save up before I can add the next part.

I want to start with the lower arms as they have the biggest improvement but want to keep the stock sway bar for now, as it's better than nothing and I can't afford to add the CBR bar yet. Right now there is nothing that says that will work or pricing on the bar by itself.

Just a thought on updating the site please. :)

#3 ·
In this modern day of the Internet, I should not need to call anyone to get pricing or info about a product. If I have out of the norm questions, then yes I would call but for general info, that should already be there, I shouldn't need to call. Being at work, I don't have the privacy to call non work related vendors.

#6 ·
Glad I am not the only one looking for this info. I am sure there are MANY more people in the same boat. Instead of PM's, emails and phone calls, which take time on both ends, just update your website with pricing of individual parts. This is NOT rocket science but basic business practice.

I can understand calling, PM or emails for Special SNS pricing and such.

#7 ·
Once upon a time I used to have the individual pricing. The problem that arose was that as the kit became popular and we made it look so easy people began to think hey I can buy this or that and make up the rest of it on their own. Well when that does not work right who gets the phone call....I do.

Other rack manufactures have sent their customers to me for pieces parts because that kit was not working properly. I explain to the customer that our parts only work with our kit made by me CBR and then I became the bad guy because I would not sell something that was individually listed on my site.

My solution was to eliminate the click of a finger option and hassles with the guy who wants to buy half kits and Frankenstein the rest.

With that said I hope you can understand why things are as they are? Below I have listed a few Items of interest for those running stock steering.

550. Lower Arms
659. Upper Arms
250 Cross member
250 Sway Bar
30. Stock sway bar to CBR Lower arms brackets and rod ens/hardware
450. Ididit paintable tilt floorshift column.
185. Steering connections from CBR rack to column

#8 ·
Thanks Chuck i see your point and understand. I know alot of us poor people look at it that way because we dont have the budget like it seems most of the other guys have. We just hate that we cant afford to make our cars nice to to handle like we want. I know that I will not buy any other kit but yours just may be years down the road unless I find used that I can afford. I think your product is top of the line, but I could get kit off ebay for less and do away with shock towers but I like your stuff.

#9 ·
Thanks for the info Chuck. I can totally see your side of things. I do thank you for putting the pricing for the individual items in this post. It is very helpful.

For me, it's not so much about "Frankensteining" things but wanting to do stepped upgrades. At some point I would like to install your rack setup but what I found on your site, I need to swap pans on my I-6 to do so. Well I am no where near wanting to do that and likely I'll go the LSx route when that time comes. I know your sway bar will be much improved over the stock one but given I need to save the extra coin for your lower arms over the cost of CPP, it will take me longer to get the funds for the sway bar. Now I know I need the additional $30 brackets to use my stock one and how much I'll need to save for your bar.

My upgrade plan is likely as follows,

lower arms
upper arms
sway bar
power rack

Thanks again for replying and I hope shortly to order the lower arms.

Mike

#10 ·
Rack can be done on a six cylinder,many have done it here.Rear sump truck pan and dip stick modifications.Personally I would wait until your certian what you plan on using for power long term.This way you only have to change things once.

#12 ·
I bought all of my CBR parts over a year and half time span.

Every April, I would receive a bonus check from work. In April of 2011, I bought the lower and upper arms. Around September I saved some extra money to buy the Church Bar.

In April of 2012 I got a little extra in my bonus check. Therefore, I was able to buy the Rack and Pinion kit all at one time. On top of that I was forced to retire from my job. So I got some extra money for unused vacation hours. I used some of that money to buy the Coil over shocks to complete the front end.

Buying the CBR suspension pieces was the BEST thing I could of done to improve my Nova.

Bryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.