Chevy Nova Forum banner

Should I repaint it Chevy Orange or leave it black?

Should I paint it Chevy Orange?

33K views 110 replies 80 participants last post by  caljr4 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm going to be replacing my headers and when they are out I was thinking about repainting the ZZ4 block. Its black now and I'm thinking about repainting it Chevy orange (not the heads cause they are aluminum). What do you guys think?

See less See more
#16 ·
If you have a lot of chrome or billet, the black looks really good. I like black engines and Orange. I also like Yellow engines .... If I hadn't wanted to stay with a stock looking engine bay in my 68 I would have considered painting my engine black.

Tommy :)

#24 · (Edited)
I agree with Mike
I love the motor painted body color ecs smoothed up!
And if your going to take the time to paint it just take a little extra time and smooth it up! The wow factor is worth it!

Heres my Nova lil 355 and my 406 im building for the the Hot Rod the green 406 turned out really smooth spent a couple evenings on it.

And the nova

#28 ·
Black hides flaws and makes details disappear. If that's what you need, then black. Same for interiors...if you want to downplay it, black always works because your eyes don't go to it. If you want to have people focus on things, lighter colors show details and your eyes naturally go there. That's just color design basics not only for cars but in the graphic arts industry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.