Rare 6 cylinder SS [Archive] - Chevy Nova Forum

: Rare 6 cylinder SS

Novajay
15th-January-2008, 09:47 AM
For those in the know, how rare is a 2nd gen 6 cylinder SS?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-NOVA-SS-Rare-6-cylinder-118-trim-tag-car-67_W0QQitemZ330204196288QQihZ014QQcategoryZ6172QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wonder what his reserve will be and if he is really "talking up" the car.:rolleyes:

sgtsteve
15th-January-2008, 10:51 AM
Now, all I gotta do is find a 66-67 SS with no engine...
Drop in a 153 c.i. 4 banger, now that would be rare should be worth at least $50K right?? :rolleyes::D

Joe Nova
15th-January-2008, 10:52 AM
The 67 Nova SS 6 cylinder car is very rare do in part beacuse of the 67 Camaro release. The Camaro was new in 67 and very popular, when the Nova SS was ordered most were 327's not 6's

CdnL79 Registry
15th-January-2008, 01:37 PM
I think this is another case where 'rare' doesn't necessarily equate to valuable or desireable. It appears that a ton of money will be needed to restore this car. The price of a fully restored six cylinder SS won't come close to an equivalent V/8 when selling time comes. IMO, he's mistaken if he thinks he'll get more for this shell because it's a rare six cylinder. In it's present state, it really doesn't matter what it was originally.

Bob

Carl Stevenson
15th-January-2008, 02:31 PM
I emailed him asking for the VIN. I would like to add it to my list. It looks to be fairly early in production.

MY67
15th-January-2008, 04:48 PM
Carl,
This trim tag is showing FF as the original,however the number 4 as the sheetmetal color.Would the 4 be the color black? Looks like a September build with a low production #.

undercvrSS
15th-January-2008, 06:23 PM
Carl,
This trim tag is showing FF as the original,however the number 4 as the sheetmetal color.Would the 4 be the color black? Looks like a September build with a low production #.

The F-F means it was a Marina Blue exterior. The 4 is the Black Interior sheet metal.

I agree with Bob. Yes, it's rare, but it's still a 6-cylinder car.

MY67
16th-January-2008, 12:32 AM
Thank you.

Carl Stevenson
16th-January-2008, 12:59 AM
I emailed him, received and added his VIN to the list of VIN/build dates in the 2nd gen section. It's a fairly early car alright, but still a few weeks in to production it appears.

novajoe
16th-January-2008, 01:53 AM
about 10 years ago I had a 67 Nova SS marina blue on blue 73,XXX miles, 6cyl 3on the tree car car was a theft recovery original owner only had liability insurance thus car was bought by a friend whom sold it to another friend who traded it to me, Car was rust free missing buckets, front sheet metal grill and rear trunk plate anyways I got the original owners paperwork and found it pretty cool it was on display in early 67 at Ellis Brooks Chevrolet in San Francisco there was two marina Blue cars one was a 327,4speed, disc, brake, headrest car, other was this one 250 6 cyl , 3 on the tree both had the bumper guards , In the picture you can see a a white 67 sport coupe , well by the weeks end he found he could afford the SS with no options but the thrifty zippy 6cyl. It was in the late eighties (1987) when he got up to go grocery shopping when he pulled car out in the SF street to warm up and went upstairs to get some coupons when he came down stairs it was gone !:( fast forward to when I got it He was glad it was brought back to service :) except for the fenders hood not matching the original paint on rest of car still looked great ! Well when I sold it I did some research and found that there was (if I remember correctly ) around 1800 or so 6cyl 3 on the tree built which yes is rare but not desirable. I had collected 4speed stuff (had the pedals ) v-8 kit, 327 chevyII engine ect thinking I would build it up but was talked out of it and so I sold it ! To think I was able to buy from GM 90% of the parts from a good buddy Ray Sheilds at Winter chevrolet , (NOS fenders, NOS hoodlip, NOS headlight bezels, NOS wheel opening moldings, NOS hood hindges, NOS grill, latch, NOS bumper, and he found me a NOS hood ) all from GM and over the counter ! wow the good old days ....... anyways car is still around lives in sacramento now houses a 383 T350 and still has a few thousand miles over from when I sold it .

RARE ya well ok Desirable No , But when its your car you can do whatever you want to it right!!:devil:

Novajay
16th-January-2008, 08:47 AM
It's at $2,651.99 and the reserve is still not met.

Wonder what the reserve is, especially the way he worded the ad...:rolleyes: