Supercharger... Which port to use for boost referenced holley? [Archive] - Chevy Nova Forum

: Supercharger... Which port to use for boost referenced holley?

Tubbed63
13th-February-2012, 11:07 AM
Boost referenced my holley to use the spark port on the front metering block to get vacuum for the power valve so it operates correctly. This is the back of my supercharger in the picture. I assume I need to connect it to a "standard vacuum port" and not the smaller "manifold vacuum/boost port" correct? Or do I need to connect the manifold vacuum/boost port to the holley? This has me a bit confused. I have the manifold vacuum/boost port connected to the 2 bar map sensor for boost retard. I can T it off and connect it to the carb also if that is where it needs to be.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/Vacuumports.jpg

Nwayne
13th-February-2012, 11:46 AM
Use the bottom port, Manifold Vacuum/Boost port for your boost referenced carb and tee off from there for your boost retard controller and boost gauge. :yes:
Do not use the Standard Vacuum ports for the Carb, the carb won't work properly. There's no boost above the rotors.

Tubbed63
13th-February-2012, 12:01 PM
Use the bottom port, Manifold Vacuum/Boost port for your boost referenced carb and tee off from there for your boost retard controller and boost gauge. :yes:
Do not use the Standard Vacuum ports for the Carb, the carb won't work properly. There's no boost above the rotors.

You da man! :yes: