Black Cherry Candy Apple Paint .... [Archive] - Chevy Nova Forum

: Black Cherry Candy Apple Paint ....

waynegretzky
13th-September-2010, 06:34 PM
Black Cherry Candy Apple Paint is the colour and texture Im thinking of doing the 66 , and wondered who makes the best paint products to use ... I want show quality paint but would like a long lasting durable product ... Any recommendations would be more than helpful ...

ovrdrive
13th-September-2010, 10:13 PM
Dupont BC/CC or the Dupont lesser named product line, Mason. Same paint code but cheaper price. Black cherry bc/cc was my 1st color option for my 66.

TechNova
13th-September-2010, 10:50 PM
Black Cherry Candy Apple Paint is the colour and texture Im thinking of doing the 66 , and wondered who makes the best paint products to use ... I want show quality paint but would like a long lasting durable product ... Any recommendations would be more than helpful ...

Any of the top of the line BC/CC systems from the ,major paint manufacturers will work great. PPG, DuPont, BASF, Sherwin Williams etc.

Typically show quality paint jobs are without texture, which texture have you choosen?

L79_Acadian
13th-September-2010, 11:20 PM
true Black Cherry is a black base, covered with "cosmic clear, then the candy Brandy wine, and last is another gallon of clear. I had a truck painted with House of Colours paint in about 1986. thts howwe did the Black Cherry paint, and it still looks good today, I seen the truck at an auction a while ago.
Roger

waynegretzky
14th-September-2010, 08:06 AM
Any of the top of the line BC/CC systems from the ,major paint manufacturers will work great. PPG, DuPont, BASF, Sherwin Williams etc.

Typically show quality paint jobs are without texture, which texture have you choosen?
By texture I mean pearl or candy , metalflake ... camillion ... etc

Stroker
14th-September-2010, 09:24 AM
Get paint chips from as many supplies as you can and compare them side by side OUTSIDE in the sun and shade ect. Thats what I did and I went with House of Kolor for my bike. That was 10 years ago though and I think PPG and others may have steped up to the plate a bit since then.

dreamer62
14th-September-2010, 10:43 AM
I've recently had a few cars done with TCP Global's Kustom Shop line of BC/CC line of Kandies and Pearls. Pretty simple to seal, color and clear. The stuff works great and is about the third of cost of House of Color. I have restoring and old show car that was custom colored in the mid 80's and the original builder was floored when he found that the vibrate color on the car was a base coat Pearl and a 4 step custom color that he had on the car. He thou it was least a 3 step Kandy color and I only paid about $700 for all the materials to paint the out inside, under hood, under trunk, and the entire frame of a full size car. I priced House of Kolor at the same time and couldn't even buy the color system for that. :eek: